I think I hate San Francisco.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by lefty, Nov 7, 2010.

1. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

How do you make a raw pizza anyway?

2. lefty

lefty Senior member

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I am woman hear me roar.

4. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Lefty, you can't blame Whole Foods on SF. That there is genuine, Central Texas nuttiness.

5. lefty

lefty Senior member

Yes, but you have to admit that WF in SF is some kind of perfect storm of face palming nuttiness.

I mean, now that Cafe Gratitude is closed.

lefty

6. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Fair enough. I try to avoid the Whole Paycheck and spend my money at my local grocer. Anyway, for that perfect storm, you need to go to some SF commission meetings. Pick any one of them at random. I am a firm believer in democracy, but they sometimes make me waver.

7. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Cool. Which part of the city are you looking at? Sounds like you are looking to buy, which means a 6 month lead time at least if you have to deal with coop boards.

8. lefty

lefty Senior member

Condo. Wife found one she wants in Harlem, which they say is the new Harlem.

lefty

9. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Wow. Leftette moves quickly.

10. lefty

lefty Senior member

Yep. She put the offer on the last place when I was out of town on a shoot and impossible to reach. I arrived home to "Great news, honey. Or should I say, Mr. Blandings?"

Never boring.

lefty

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

12. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Didn't you live in New Jersey?

Anyway, Berkeley and the better parts of the East Bay are not really typical suburbs, Berkeley is a town of 100K and mostly well maintained house with nice yards and nice (provided you like mid-sized houses and craftman style) architecture. Oakland is not exactly a suburb either. East of the Caldecott tunnel (sorry PSG) . . well that is another animal. It's very nice though, and about a thousand miles away from the rest of the Bay Area...

Also, like I mentioned, a lot of the East Bay is as close to down town as many parts of SF.

At the end of the day though it's really about what you want in a house. Better yards and more gardens in the Near East Bay for sure. By and large I'd say it's safer and there are very walkable neighborhoods. Very few bars open late though. Whatever you decide, I'd at least check it out.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  13. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Jesus Lefty, you really bring out the worst in this town. Honestly, I've never even heard of that place and don't even know where whole foods is off hand. I think being local one must have a built in anti-moon-maiden-gratitude-bitch-ray or something. At your age and surliness level the implants never take. Or something.
    Let us know before you go, we can have a wake to see you off.

14. lefty

lefty Senior member

I think I'm like the Larry David of SF. I'm really just trying to get through my day. I'm sure this move may not happen for a little while. I was just thrilled that the leftette started seeing things my way.

I could have pulled the deal, but she made a strong argument and I always wanted a true A&C house with massive gardens. So, Mr. Blandings...

Yes, and people should learn from my mistake. The fellows lives in Stockholm and London. SF at it's cosmopolitan best may come a little short. I also get the impression that this is a short term relocation and since he'll be using private schools the city seems like the best choice. Or the more interesting at least.

lefty

15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

No shit! Left, I hope you find a place that makes you happy. Besides the grave.