I think I hate San Francisco.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by lefty, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Big A

Big A Senior member

I've become convinced that nearly everyone who lives north of Santa Cruz is retarded. It gets worse as you go north, reaching it's apex in Seattle.

My aunt, uncle, and two cousins live in SF (or used to - my aunt and uncle now live in Portola Valley, and my cousins are in Palo Alto). I used to spend summers there, because S. Fla. sucks in the summer.

It was incredibly fun, but they lived in Jordan Heights which is not a true representation of SF. Even so, they all moved away in the 90's for the very reasons already noted in this thread . . . to quote my uncle "everyone became an asshole."

How things are different in Portola, I have no idea. Maybe it's just easier to avoid your neighbors down there.

2. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I've become convinced that nearly everyone who lives north of Santa Cruz is retarded. It gets worse as you go north, reaching it's apex in Seattle.

My aunt, uncle, and two cousins live in SF (or used to - my aunt and uncle now live in Portola Valley, and my cousins are in Palo Alto). I used to spend summers there, because S. Fla. sucks in the summer.

It was incredibly fun, but they lived in Jordan Heights which is not a true representation of SF. Even so, they all moved away in the 90's for the very reasons already noted in this thread . . . to quote my uncle "everyone became an asshole."

How things are different in Portola, I have no idea. Maybe it's just easier to avoid your neighbors down there.

I grew up ten minutes from Portola Valley, played my little league baseball there. PV is nice. A little less private than my home town, which is better as a kid as you don't need a car to see your friends. Nothing like SF in my experience, though I am not itching to move back down there.

3. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

And the irony is lost on you

4. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

I just realized that Gavin Newsom was elected lieutenant governor. How the fuck did that happen? Last I heard he dropped out of the 2010 governor's race due to an overwhelming lack of interest from voters and money men and I figured that finally his political career was over. God I am so glad I left CA.

5. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I just realized that Gavin Newsom was elected lieutenant governor. How the fuck did that happen? Last I heard he dropped out of the 2010 governor's race due to an overwhelming lack of interest from voters and money men and I figured that finally his political career was over. God I am so glad I left CA.

If one needed more reason to despair about the fate of California, we now have it.

6. Big A

Big A Senior member

And the irony is lost on you
    It most definitely is not... and if you knew my uncle you'd understand why

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Geez. Reading this thread makes me think I should have booked a flight to Seattle and had a drink at ZigZag.

A few of the servers at Zig Zag hug me when I come in. But they are all wimmenz and know me, so I guess I'll let it slide.

8. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

If one needed more reason to despair about the fate of California, we now have it.

No doubt about that. He's one of the most vapid humans I've ever witnessed.

9. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Truth. He once told a group of at-risk youth to "stay off the gel", referring to his hair gel addiction. Srsly? That's the most profound advice you can come up with, as these kids deal with drugs, gangs, foster care, etc?

10. The Honey Badger

The Honey Badger Member

buncha homos

Yeah. Not that there's anything wrong with that [​IMG]

I'm writing from Market Street in SF now and I will plainly admit that this city is indeed very dirty and the homeless problem is really bad. I think the two are closely related, actually. Let 10,000 borderline comatose addicts live on the streets and not surprisingly they emit a wee touch of litter.

Regarding the rest of the original post, all I can say is: lighten up Francis [​IMG]

11. Big A

Big A Senior member

To paraphrase a line originally written for the equally vapid Charlie Crist, calling Newsome a "stuffed suit" is an insult to unworn men's clothing.

12. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Despite all common sense, I'm putting in some serious consideration to move to San Francisco to pursue a career opportunity.

13. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Despite all common sense, I'm putting in some serious consideration to move to San Francisco to pursue a career opportunity.

The local economy is going like gangbusters and the real estate market is well into a recovery, so it's not a bad time to move here. I'm not sure that you can hold your nose for long enough, though.

What's the opportunity, if you can say?

14. lefty

lefty Senior member

Great! Every time someone new comes they release one. The sooner you get here the sooner I move up the list.

lefty

15. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

I'm not sure that you can hold your nose for long enough, though.

[​IMG]

Great! Every time someone new comes they release one. The sooner you get here the sooner I move up the list.

[​IMG]