Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I think I hate San Francisco.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by lefty, Nov 7, 2010.

1. greekonomist

greekonomist Senior member

Now it is just a bunch of 22-35 year olds who say nothing but "I work on the hill/for a non-profit, and I'm soooo into social justice. I'm totally going on a hike this weekend before I play kickball. I'm so stoked because I got a new custom fleece, and it will be perfect with my farty craft beer once we get to the end of our hike. I just wish I could embroider my fraternity letters along with "Hope and Change" on the inside."

Fixed to make it about DC.

I don't know what the East Coast translation of "stoked" is, though.

2. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Except LA actually has more strip malls.

Is this how that 'ftfy' meme works?

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

you didn't even mention the Azins yet.... [​IMG]

i'm just kidding... kinda... i kid because i am...

i love san fransisco, only because I visit and experience the distilled version. plus when I lived there for a year I had a awesome apt on powell and bush and an cool job at the hotel triton (always interesting people there).

but the hot women seem to hide there. there are pretty women, but you have to find them, not like in NYC or LA where you go outside/ride the subway.

oh yeah, and we have a blue bottle here in Williamsburg (the only one on the east coast i guess) and its really good. yesterday i stood in line with her:

[​IMG]

she was all hipstered out in glasses and warm clothes though. still pretty though.

4. JoelF

JoelF Senior member

Yeah, I like LA better than SF, but I feel I am the only one. Better-looking girls and better weather. It's almost as if the majority of people that harp about SF are ugly girls who like it because there is less competition.

+100 LA is a much more dynamic & interesting city. SF is just a cutesy annoying self-satisfied place with a couple of nice views, a west coast version of Boston (which doesn't even have the views).

5. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

I know I hate San Francisco. Just wait until you see a grown man drop his pants and take shit on the sidewalk in front of police officers who choose to do nothing.

If you're not rich, it's a shit hole.

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

As I was driving down Market St. with a friend yesterday, he channeled Martha of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf fame and intoned "What a dump"!

7. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

I always tell people I love visiting San Fran. It's true that if you are not on board for the egalitarian social justice aim that pervades the city's well to do people then it quickly gets to be a cloyingly annoying city. Most metropolitan cities have this horrible breed of hypocritical wealthy fighters for social justice, it's just that Frisco's image relys on these kind of people more so than other cities.

8. mbalder2

mbalder2 Senior member

God you must have been desperate. Dunkin Donuts coffee? I know it's some east coast thing - but I just don't get it. This is the equivalent of Chicago people insisting that Deep Dish is good Pizza.

Kill yourself.

9. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

+100 LA is a much more dynamic & interesting city. SF is just a cutesy annoying self-satisfied place with a couple of nice views, a west coast version of Boston (which doesn't even have the views).

Yes, this might be a good comparison. I feel that SF is indeed a Boston-type city, that is, a worse NYC wannabe. LA boldly does its own thing. It is obnoxious and annoying and congested, but hey, the weather is nice, the girls are hot, and there are enough cultural experiences to be had if you make an effort.

10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Kill yourself.

deep dish is great... but it gives you a food coma...

oh i haaaaaate when people from FRISCO think that any bread that isn't sourdough isn't real bread...

the truth is... sourdough actually sucks.

11. thinman

thinman Senior member

Love visiting SF and being a tourist. Hated living there.

LA might be OK if I could teleport from place to place instead of driving. And if I could tolerate pretty, but vacuous blondes.

12. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

deep dish is great... but it gives you a food coma...

oh i haaaaaate when people from FRISCO think that any bread that isn't sourdough isn't real bread...

the truth is... sourdough actually sucks.

As a local I would just say sourdough is the stuff of tourist boards and rubes. Don't really see it hyped that much here.

Lefty, The Bay is what it is. All the bad things you mentioned are legit but it is still pretty awesome. Perhaps somewhat less so for those coming from a proper metro area but I really do love it. So does Matt despite his grumpiness.
    If you can check out the East Bay or Marin. Better weather and nicer houses in the East Bay and better neighborhoods. Great weather in Marin and once you get a little West you get some wonderful outdoor/city living options.

13. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Hope you move again before the earthquake hits.

14. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

I'll sign on to the SF hate. Been trapped here for two years and can't wait to get back to NY.

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

It does have good liquor stores.