• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I think I hate San Francisco.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There was a line out the door at the dispensary down the hill from my house.

In other news, I partook of some officially allowed cycling this evening after work. Very few cars, lots of runners and cyclists. A shocking number of cyclists riding without helmets. WTF.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rode again after work yesterday. My route took me by Marina Green, and it was completely business as usual. Large groups of walkers and runners, no social distancing, and lots of bros using the workout equipment.

Salad

Reaction score
Uh, these numbers have me somewhat shook. It's like, am I or someone I care about going to be alive in 2 months?

"In the last 24 hours, we had 126 new COVID-19 cases, a 21 percent increase," Newsom wrote. "In some parts of our state, our case rate is doubling every four days. Moreover, we have community acquired transmission in 23 counties with an increase of 44 community acquired infections in 24 hours. We project that roughly 56 percent of our population — 25.5 million people — will be infected with the virus over an eight week period."

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that was the worst case scenario unless the full lockdown was applied. Honestly, at this point everyone is just sucking numbers out of their thumbs.

Salad

Reaction score
Yeah, I read the "with no mitigation" part but yikes, man. Certainly got my attention.

sfo423

Reaction score
So true.

Even if you have the virus, it does not mean you are sick and or showing symptoms (but you can still spread it).

It would not shock me if 50% of SF infected.

I don’t know if the restaurant / service industry will exist as we know it in six months.

GGB and BART already begging for Feds to throw a $ lifeline.

All this work at home will wake lots of employers to wonder why they pay $80/ft for office space for worker bees that can effectively work at home.

Lots of vacant storefronts now, three months from now?

I miss teachers. I have no patience to teach my kids.

Honestly, at this point everyone is just sucking numbers out of their thumbs.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Just reminded me of something, I believe my employer just renewed the lease of the office for who knows how long. And I recall a lot of negotiating back and worth, requesting lighting in certain rooms etc.

Wow

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So true.

Even if you have the virus, it does not mean you are sick and or showing symptoms (but you can still spread it).

It would not shock me if 50% of SF infected.

I don’t know if the restaurant / service industry will exist as we know it in six months.

GGB and BART already begging for Feds to throw a $ lifeline.

All this work at home will wake lots of employers to wonder why they pay $80/ft for office space for worker bees that can effectively work at home.

Lots of vacant storefronts now, three months from now?

I miss teachers. I have no patience to teach my kids.
Re the bolded after a month plus stuck at home workers (and management) will be clamoring to get back to the office. Instead I think this will open up more remote-work opportunities - i.e. I hire you out of the Bay Area office though you are in Las Vegas.

sfo423

Reaction score
On the bright side, you can now get pre-mixed drinks / cocktails for pick-up or delivery.

Traffic, won’t miss it.

A zillion Uber drivers lost, 2x parked - blocking traffic, won’t miss them.

I won’t start (yet) on the dwindling population. Hello 1991.

The jerk.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Re the bolded after a month plus stuck at home workers (and management) will be clamoring to get back to the office. Instead I think this will open up more remote-work opportunities - i.e. I hire you out of the Bay Area office though you are in Las Vegas.
I always forget that this isn't how everybody does things. My company is headquartered here in San Francisco. My immediate team of four includes two of us in SF (but I'm 100% remote), one in Ohio and one in Edinburgh. We support a team of about 100 who are scattered across North America and EMEA. I report to a guy who lives in San Diego. We only meet in person as a full team for a few days a year.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My team of seven are all in Canada. I've met six of them in person once, for one day.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.