• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This Prop E nonsense...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Alright, fellas. How is your TP supply? I tried to refill my Phil'z tonight before the shelter-in-place order takes effect, but they were closed. I may be desperate enough to drink my wife's coffee...

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd invite you out to Marin to take a dump but hear they have machine gun checkpoints on the bridge now.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, fellas. How is your TP supply? I tried to refill my Phil'z tonight before the shelter-in-place order takes effect, but they were closed. I may be desperate enough to drink my wife's coffee...

TP situation is good. Also, about 1.5 yrs. ago, I got a "washlet" aka a bidet so TP use is way down. Without a doubt, it's the best kop in the last decade, maybe ever. Literally never going without one. Truly life changing.
I'm fine with Peets but i brew at home. The Peets shops, especially the one on 4th St. in Berkeley, always seem to have grounds in it. Like, come on. Be better.

I'd invite you out to Marin to take a dump but hear they have machine gun checkpoints on the bridge now.

Yesterday I got a feeling that I should have alcohol in the house. I almost never drink at home but with social distancing and closed bars I figured I should have a few bottles at home. I got some rye, Campari and Carpano Antica. I also wanted some fernet but not Branca. Years ago I tried some Fernet Francisco and so today the goal was to find a bottle. The closest place that had a bottle of the Manzanilla version was Blackwells Wines in San Rafael. I called and said they were closing early and they would only ship starting tomorrow. I crossed the bridge into Marin, kopped and came straight back home.
I'm telling this story because there were no gun checkpoints as of today. Maybe tomorrow.....

This situation is seriously surreal. Sometimes I feel stupid for even looking at clothing at a time like this but coming here to look at what people are wearing or having made or the latest drops, etc. is helpful. Get's my mind out of doom mode.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The wife is prepper-curious, so plenty of TP, 4 lbs of coffee in the freezer, and a good supply of food. I’m working from home and pretty well prepared.

sfo423

Reaction score
Killed off the Carpano Antica Friday (before baby Armageddon) and am slightly worried nobody will be open (that carries it). Mollie Stones on Cal St should have it and no way they clo$$$e.

K&L closed; very disturbing.

Remember, alcohols kills germs and is no friend of virus.

I almost never drink at home but with social distancing and closed bars I figured I should have a few bottles at home. I got some rye, Campari and Carpano Antica.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Killed off the Carpano Antica Friday (before baby Armageddon) and am slightly worried nobody will be open (that carries it). Mollie Stones on Cal St should have it and no way they clo$$$e.

K&L closed; very disturbing.

Remember, alcohols kills germs and is no friend of virus.
I love that stuff. Discovered it 20 years ago when cooking at Chez Panisse. Woodland Market in Kentfield usually stocks it if you want to risk a "non-essential" trip across the bridge.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
TP situation is good. Also, about 1.5 yrs. ago, I got a "washlet" aka a bidet so TP use is way down. Without a doubt, it's the best kop in the last decade, maybe ever. Literally never going without one. Truly life changing.
I'm fine with Peets but i brew at home. The Peets shops, especially the one on 4th St. in Berkeley, always seem to have grounds in it. Like, come on. Be better.

Yesterday I got a feeling that I should have alcohol in the house. I almost never drink at home but with social distancing and closed bars I figured I should have a few bottles at home. I got some rye, Campari and Carpano Antica. I also wanted some fernet but not Branca. Years ago I tried some Fernet Francisco and so today the goal was to find a bottle. The closest place that had a bottle of the Manzanilla version was Blackwells Wines in San Rafael. I called and said they were closing early and they would only ship starting tomorrow. I crossed the bridge into Marin, kopped and came straight back home.
I'm telling this story because there were no gun checkpoints as of today. Maybe tomorrow.....

This situation is seriously surreal. Sometimes I feel stupid for even looking at clothing at a time like this but coming here to look at what people are wearing or having made or the latest drops, etc. is helpful. Get's my mind out of doom mode.
You rarely drink at home? It is one of the only things I do at home.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am not built for this. I have no prepper inclinations whatsoever. I guess my neighbors will feast on my carcass...

I am really happy that cycling was explicitly included in allowed outdoor activities. Today might be a day to set a PR on the GGB (assuming no machine gun checkpoints, of course), but I think Strava removed the segment to discourage terrorizing the tourists.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am not built for this. I have no prepper inclinations whatsoever. I guess my neighbors will feast on my carcass...

I am really happy that cycling was explicitly included in allowed outdoor activities. Today might be a day to set a PR on the GGB (assuming no machine gun checkpoints, of course), but I think Strava removed the segment to discourage terrorizing the tourists.
I agree, I am not built for this either. I am going bonkers in my place. If I could sit at a coffee shop it would be easy peasy. I need my fellow cafe peeps! If the virus doesn't kill me I might kill myself.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
It hasn’t changed my daily routine much, other than the wife being around all the time and the daily hunting-and-gathering expeditions.

Woolly mammoths are frighteningly scarce, guys. We might be in trouble.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went for a hike on Tam with my wife to break the monotony and ran into our Sheriff's deputy out cruising the hood. Asked him how the rush hour was on Francis Drake today and he said it looked like 6:00 am on Christmas morning. Can confirm we didn't see any mammoths.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads