• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

i sleep 12 hours a day

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's fantastic

you guys should try it

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
been doing this for 3.5 years in different parts of the world, and now that i'm back in a university my body is incapable of readjusting

=)

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Doesn't that cut into your drinking time?

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no sir i've been drinking for the last several hours

superb little arrangement, isnt it

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you wrote a How To ... guide I'd buy it. I usually only get about 4-6 hours a day for a few days in a row with a 10-12 hour day every 3rd or 4th to catch up. This cycle makes me rather insane.

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
okay look i've been working on this incredible paper about NATO's intervention in afghanistan i've been reading so much **** for the last three weeks that my brain is straight up melting due to overflow; the paper is due tomorrow (monday) though, so i think in a few moments i'm going to dip into my stash of sativa so i can relax for a short while and then fall into blissful sleep before waking up sunday evening at which point i'll finish the paper, and on monday morning i have a meeting with the CEO of a company that works with ontario's beer stores for a personal mentorship (discounts??? I HOPE SO! naw jk) and then monday afternoon, perhaps, over to my classmate's place for some macallan 18 before we go hand in these papers life is FANTASTIC

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
If you wrote a How To ... guide I'd buy it. I usually only get about 4-6 hours a day for a few days in a row with a 10-12 hour day every 3rd or 4th to catch up. This cycle makes me rather insane.

alright yeah, that sounds quite rough. i sympathize.

you should approach this in a holistic manner. realize that you can, in fact, wake up at noon. and then realize that you can get tired at midnight or 1pm - it doesn't matter, just make sure you get tired soon. do whatever to make sure that you do get tired - smoke the finest indica you can find, drink the dirtiest vodka, whatever - it's immaterial, just fall asleep regularly at a certain time

and the worst case scenario - if it doesn't work at all, and you end up staying awake far longer, who cares? just stay awake, my friend, and do productive things - i wake up at 4-5pm daily, and my most golden hour is 4-5pm daily. it's really weird how things work

and if all that fails, buddy (and it has with me - i hated my current life cycle, but just had to learn to live with it), just accept it. accept that you are a night bird, or an earlymorningbird, or a six-hour sleeper, or a whatever - just ride the wave that comes to you, sir, and you shall receive nothing but respect in return

for we are birds of the wind, and the wind tells us where to fly, and we... just do it

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing more. Specifically, I have a job which supposedly requires my presence during weekdays. How can I maintain a 12 hour daily sleep schedule and still manage to show up for work? I know the easy answer is to quit work but if I do that then I won't have any money for vodka or new shoes. Please help.

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I'm interested in hearing more. Specifically, I have a job which supposedly requires my presence during weekdays. How can I maintain a 12 hour daily sleep schedule and still manage to show up for work? I know the easy answer is to quit work but if I do that then I won't have any money for vodka or new shoes. Please help.

i can't give you the exact answer, but i can give you this:

http://senduit.com/6b5820

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I realize this is a semi-dumb thread, but you are wasting your ******* life. Seriously. You are wasting your twenties sleeping, when you should be going out and living.

I'm sure on your deathbed, you'll be wishing you had just gotten a few more hours of sleep.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oman
i can't give you the exact answer, but i can give you this:

http://senduit.com/6b5820

a261272.jpg

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I realize this is a semi-dumb thread, but you are wasting your ******* life. Seriously. You are wasting your twenties sleeping, when you should be going out and living. I'm sure on your deathbed, you'll be wishing you had just gotten a few more hours of sleep.
i know youre right, but im soooooo lazy to be fair though, ive lived a good lil bit of life

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OP has made 8 of the 14 posts in this thread.
It is rather like watching a conversation with the voices in his head.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads