• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I should stay away from this forum for a while.

Surreal

Reaction score
I browsed through the big picture gallery threads like these:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...67780&page=145
And realized what a long road I have to go.

"I want those shoes and that suit, and that watch and that jacket, and the baller sneakers of course!"

I realized how much stuff I have to buy to reach SF level that my head felt kind of dizzy. I guess I should return after 7 years or so when I have a stable job and a relatively high income.

I mean, it's quite painful to window shop through all the wonderful Brioni suits and hand made wingtips that go for 500 pounds. I have a folder of hundreds of pictures of stuff from SF that I just feel I need to buy!

As a poor post-soviet student I shouldn't be tempted with this level of style
biggrin.gif

I mean, I'm jealous of you guys! Am I the only one?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This place is addictive. I can't stay away ... and I have everything I -- and everyone else -- always wanted.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
This place is addictive. I can't stay away ... and I have everything I -- and everyone else -- always wanted.
Until you have one of those helicopter-plane hybrid things you haven't got everything everyone else always wanted, I really want one of those. Just saying.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ysc
Until you have one of those helicopter-plane hybrid things you haven't got everything everyone else always wanted, I really want one of those. Just saying.
Then I don't have everything ... but almost everything.
wink.gif

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Then I don't have everything ... but almost everything.
wink.gif

I would settle for almost everything, almost everything is probably pretty nice, but I do want one of those helicopters.

CMD.EXE

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS

^^

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drama Queen. I ... not you.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS

Have you ever had Mark I's girlfriend?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Have you ever had Mark I's girlfriend?
I stand corrected ... I have not had everything I always wanted!

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS

I too ask myself the same question. To a point, the forum feels like an old boys club but somewhat more egalitarian and without the old money connotation.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This forum is 2% ballers 98% pobres. A lot of the high-end stuff you see people posting are second hand or heavily discounted merchandise. I wouldn't be too starry eyed about it.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
This forum is 2% ballers 98% pobres. A lot of the high-end stuff you see people posting are second hand or heavily discounted merchandise. I wouldn't be too starry eyed about it.
You forgot the storytellers. Some of us just make it up ... well at least some of it.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually over the past few months. I mainly read the social/food, CE and general chat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads