• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I should never have entered Esquire's BDRM contest.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So what you're saying is that the BDRM contest is a subject that your real-life friends just simply can't let go of, and must keep coming back to it again and again and again and droning on and on about the same dead horse to the point where you are frustrated, confused, annoyed, and tired of talking about it?

Duly noted.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
or this
51ANCwQnIjL._AA300_.jpg

I have this shirt. Not kidding. Well worth it. Also, after reading this thread I think I would rather get scalped in a rollercoaster accident than ever hang out with any of you. WTF did your families/friends do to you people?

OffTheRack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Upon reflection, I believe the initial post was a carefully crafted piece of Foo performance art. I don't believe any group of associates in NYC, hoping their jobs don't go poof, would really care about a clothing competition that was on The Today Show many months ago. I believe even less of them would care about what the Foo wore on a daily basis: they'd be much more concerned with poaching his billable hours or drinking his blood.

If I am wrong, I pray to god that me and my team of redneck lawyers end up on the opposite side of this froofy fashion firm, preferably with a bazillion dollars on the line. I figure a simple bribe of Russian hookers and black tar opium to Esquire, and they'll be sufficiently distracted so that we can steamroll them.

Attention whoring: yes. Actual cosmic dilemma: No.

You're understanding of NYC big law litigation associates, and NYC big law litigation departments, is grossly far from reality.

Originally Posted by mafoofan
I never said anything about co-workers. Friends and acquaintances.

I could easily understand your getting this reaction from acquaintances, but would you really describe people treating you like this as friends? Perhaps you did once before, but maybe you should reclassify them as acquaintances too.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But not even somewhat entertaining?
I'll give you that
Originally Posted by OffTheRack
You're understanding of NYC big law litigation associates, and NYC big law litigation departments, is grossly far from reality.
Doubtful, since I was one (may that firm's damned, bankrupt soul walk the cursed earth for all eternity). I don't recall anyone being too concerned with fashion, though one partner did switch to the ultra low gorge, Herschel Walker-shouldered Armani look rather abruptly. That garnered some conversation. Anyway, I think you missed my point. Are you arguing that BigLaw associates DO concern themselves with year-old TV / magazine fashion competitions? Or that they don't jockey for assignments when hours are lean? If so, you must be practicing at Imaginary Law Firm, LLC.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foof-Diddy isn't a litigator. He's a corporate lawyer. Big difference.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
Foof-Diddy isn't a litigator. He's a corporate lawyer. Big difference.

Sure, plenty of hours available in high-dollar corporate work. Corporations are clamoring to spend as much as possible getting quadruple billed by a senior partner, a jr. partner, and 3 associates (I know that's 5 - one poor guy will get his hour written off).

I'm not really being serious - I know it's not all fire and brimstone out there. But I also know most big firms have recalibrated their billing systems, and the associates aren't typically the ones who benefit from those sorts of arrangements.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
So what you're saying is that the BDRM contest is a subject that your real-life friends just simply can't let go of, and must keep coming back to it again and again and again and droning on and on about the same dead horse to the point where you are frustrated, confused, annoyed, and tired of talking about it?

Duly noted.

Good one.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
What is the lifestyle of the many Wikipedia-trained lawyers who practice posting on StyleForvm?

In what feats of media strength do they compete? Iron Chef?

Jersey Shore?

Who among you punched Snooki? (I'm looking at you, Big A.)

- B

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
So what you're saying is that the BDRM contest is a subject that your real-life friends just simply can't let go of, and must keep coming back to it again and again and again and droning on and on about the same dead horse to the point where you are frustrated, confused, annoyed, and tired of talking about it? Duly noted.
I'm not trying to defend anyone here, but I could easily see the BDRM contest becoming something that a guys friends would never let him live down. People give their friends sh*t. Guys more so, among each other. Still loving this thread.
worship.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
If anyone else had posted this, everyone would be sympathizing with the OP and lamenting the noobiness of the general populace. Very unfortunate that it was
foo.gif

On the contrary, I consider us very fortunate indeed that
foo.gif
started the thread.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
On the contrary, I consider us very fortunate indeed that
foo.gif
started the thread.

I was trying to give a gift.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
You are one of SF's Magi, the one on the one-humped camel.

- Lasbar

A Wikipedia-educated Magi?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was trying to give a gift.

I not only took it in the spirit it was intended, I took it with large quantities of other spirits too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads