I should never have entered Esquire's BDRM contest.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ruben

ruben Senior member

MaFoofan-
    what do you wear in the summer?

Your friends seem kinda jerky when it comes to fashion, like Gossip Girl characters.
    Is that a New York thing

2. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

MaFoofan-
    what do you wear in the summer?

Your friends seem kinda jerky when it comes to fashion, like Gossip Girl characters.
    Is that a New York thing

OCBD, Tweeds and longwings of course.

3. ruben

ruben Senior member

Seriosuly, I've only seen a handfull of Mafoofan pics, and they're all tweeds and flannels.

However grand we want it to be, our interests in clothing and style are just like any other obsessive, niche, subculture that the interent and message boards do such a great job fostering.

I imagine the world's top xbox shooter gamer player get tired of being asked for wii tennis advice.
    That some prodigy who scored a trillion in the world series ofTetris lets down his friends when he stinks at Diddy Kong Racing.

I used to be involved in Scca, club racing--a similar obssesive, message board fueled group--and I remeber similar frustrations when great track racers were always confronted with questions about street-racing Hondas and mustangs, or simile car repair questions.

To the rest of the world the difference between a A&S customer's suit and a Zegnaa pinstriped blazer is pretty small.

but I would still like to know what foo wears in the heat.

4. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Fortunately, I have come to the point that the proper response is, "Who cares?"

5. amplifiedheat

amplifiedheat Senior member

God, I never thought of that. I guess I always figured he only existed when the temperature was below 70.

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

perhaps foo should consider wearing more kenneth cole/7fam/a&f/whatever with flip flops of course, and let the world know he can be down with it.

7. Made in California

Made in California Senior member

perhaps foo should consider wearing more kenneth cole/7fam/a&f/whatever with flip flops of course, and let the world know he can be down with it.

That'd get people off his back about the whole style thing.

8. onix

onix Senior member

or this

[​IMG]

9. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

Did I miss something along the way? Can someone summarize this thread so I can follow along?

Exhibitionist bitching about people staring at and challenging him.

10. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

11. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

While reading this thread I like to play this in the background. www.vuvuzela.fm I find it adds tremendously to the atmosphere.

[​IMG]

12. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Well, I figure its time I weighed in:

Foo: As Ed said, why in the world are you complaining about people questioning your sartorial choices, when you chose to enter a national, televised, contest revolving around clothes? You should have expected this.

Bull: I love your posts, the same way I love checking out www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com every day. Keep'em coming!

13. Big A

Big A Senior member

I would like to run the following scenario by all of you. It goes like this:

"Vous êtes vraiment le meilleur vrai homme habillÃ[​IMG]."

- B

Pan down.

I'm going to have to +1 this.

Honestly, he has his own style and nearly won a competition for it. His exact style is not my thing, but apparently it was appreciated by more then a few people. I think anyone can imagine how much sh*t a guy could get from family and friends once it was known he was in a best dressed competition. Should he push back a little? Sure, but that does not change the fact that he is going to get questions and ragged on by a lot of guys who see him and wonder why he's "dressed like their dads."

Well, I figure its time I weighed in:

Foo: As Ed said, why in the world are you complaining about people questioning your sartorial choices, when you chose to enter a national, televised, contest revolving around clothes? You should have expected this.

Upon reflection, I believe the initial post was a carefully crafted piece of Foo performance art. I don't believe any group of associates in NYC, hoping their jobs don't go poof, would really care about a clothing competition that was on The Today Show many months ago. I believe even less of them would care about what the Foo wore on a daily basis: they'd be much more concerned with poaching his billable hours or drinking his blood.

If I am wrong, I pray to god that me and my team of redneck lawyers end up on the opposite side of this froofy fashion firm, preferably with a bazillion dollars on the line. I figure a simple bribe of Russian hookers and black tar opium to Esquire, and they'll be sufficiently distracted so that we can steamroll them.

Attention whoring: yes. Actual cosmic dilemma: No.

14. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Upon reflection, I believe the initial post was a carefully crafted piece of Foo performance art. I don't believe any group of associates in NYC, hoping their jobs don't go poof, would really care about a clothing competition that was on The Today Show many months ago. I believe even less of them would care about what the Foo wore on a daily basis: they'd be much more concerned with poaching his billable hours or drinking his blood.

If I am wrong, I pray to god that me and my team of redneck lawyers end up on the opposite side of this froofy fashion firm, preferably with a bazillion dollars on the line. I figure a simple bribe of Russian hookers and black tar opium to Esquire, and they'll be sufficiently distracted so that we can steamroll them.

I never said anything about co-workers. Friends and acquaintances.

Attention whoring: yes. Actual cosmic dilemma: No.

But not even somewhat entertaining?

15. vincerich

vincerich Senior member

Exhibitionist bitching about people staring at and challenging him.

[​IMG]