• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I should never have entered Esquire's BDRM contest.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MaFoofan-
what do you wear in the summer?

Your friends seem kinda jerky when it comes to fashion, like Gossip Girl characters.
Is that a New York thing

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriosuly, I've only seen a handfull of Mafoofan pics, and they're all tweeds and flannels.

However grand we want it to be, our interests in clothing and style are just like any other obsessive, niche, subculture that the interent and message boards do such a great job fostering.

I imagine the world's top xbox shooter gamer player get tired of being asked for wii tennis advice.
That some prodigy who scored a trillion in the world series ofTetris lets down his friends when he stinks at Diddy Kong Racing.

I used to be involved in Scca, club racing--a similar obssesive, message board fueled group--and I remeber similar frustrations when great track racers were always confronted with questions about street-racing Hondas and mustangs, or simile car repair questions.

To the rest of the world the difference between a A&S customer's suit and a Zegnaa pinstriped blazer is pretty small.

but I would still like to know what foo wears in the heat.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben

Fortunately, I have come to the point that the proper response is, "Who cares?"

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
God, I never thought of that. I guess I always figured he only existed when the temperature was below 70.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
perhaps foo should consider wearing more kenneth cole/7fam/a&f/whatever with flip flops of course, and let the world know he can be down with it.

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
perhaps foo should consider wearing more kenneth cole/7fam/a&f/whatever with flip flops of course, and let the world know he can be down with it.

That'd get people off his back about the whole style thing.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy

or this

51ANCwQnIjL._AA300_.jpg

JensenH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Did I miss something along the way? Can someone summarize this thread so I can follow along?

Exhibitionist bitching about people staring at and challenging him.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, I figure its time I weighed in:

Foo: As Ed said, why in the world are you complaining about people questioning your sartorial choices, when you chose to enter a national, televised, contest revolving around clothes? You should have expected this.

Bull: I love your posts, the same way I love checking out www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com every day. Keep'em coming!

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I would like to run the following scenario by all of you. It goes like this:

"Vous êtes vraiment le meilleur vrai homme habillÃ
00a9.png
."

- B

Pan down.

Originally Posted by JMRouse
I'm going to have to +1 this.

Honestly, he has his own style and nearly won a competition for it. His exact style is not my thing, but apparently it was appreciated by more then a few people. I think anyone can imagine how much sh*t a guy could get from family and friends once it was known he was in a best dressed competition. Should he push back a little? Sure, but that does not change the fact that he is going to get questions and ragged on by a lot of guys who see him and wonder why he's "dressed like their dads."

Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Well, I figure its time I weighed in:

Foo: As Ed said, why in the world are you complaining about people questioning your sartorial choices, when you chose to enter a national, televised, contest revolving around clothes? You should have expected this.

Upon reflection, I believe the initial post was a carefully crafted piece of Foo performance art. I don't believe any group of associates in NYC, hoping their jobs don't go poof, would really care about a clothing competition that was on The Today Show many months ago. I believe even less of them would care about what the Foo wore on a daily basis: they'd be much more concerned with poaching his billable hours or drinking his blood.

If I am wrong, I pray to god that me and my team of redneck lawyers end up on the opposite side of this froofy fashion firm, preferably with a bazillion dollars on the line. I figure a simple bribe of Russian hookers and black tar opium to Esquire, and they'll be sufficiently distracted so that we can steamroll them.

Attention whoring: yes. Actual cosmic dilemma: No.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Upon reflection, I believe the initial post was a carefully crafted piece of Foo performance art. I don't believe any group of associates in NYC, hoping their jobs don't go poof, would really care about a clothing competition that was on The Today Show many months ago. I believe even less of them would care about what the Foo wore on a daily basis: they'd be much more concerned with poaching his billable hours or drinking his blood.

If I am wrong, I pray to god that me and my team of redneck lawyers end up on the opposite side of this froofy fashion firm, preferably with a bazillion dollars on the line. I figure a simple bribe of Russian hookers and black tar opium to Esquire, and they'll be sufficiently distracted so that we can steamroll them.

I never said anything about co-workers. Friends and acquaintances.

Originally Posted by Big A
Attention whoring: yes. Actual cosmic dilemma: No.

But not even somewhat entertaining?

vincerich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JensenH
Exhibitionist bitching about people staring at and challenging him.

fight[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads