• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Saw JLibourel Today!

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...5 minutes ago on a program about Magnum handguns on the History Channel. He was shooting at a range North of LA I believe, shooting with a nice chrome .44 Mag IIRC.

Looked sharp with some cotton trousers, brown blutchers, and what looked like possibly a dark green Barbour coat.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
...5 minutes ago on a program about Magnum handguns on the History Channel. He was shooting at a range North of LA I believe, shooting with a nice chrome .44 Mag IIRC.

Looked sharp with some cotton trousers, brown blutchers, and what looked like possibly a dark green Barbour coat.

What no AEs?
smile.gif

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That program was filmed early in 2002 and has been re-broadcast any number of times. For the indoor section of the taping, I wore my blue pin-striped Corneliani suit.

The shooting segment was taped at the Petersen Ranch (not a shooting range) near Lake Elizabeth. The modern guns we mainly used were a blued Smith & Wesson Model 29 and a scope sighted Freedom Arms .454 Casull Magnum in stainless steel. It was indeed a Barbour jacket I was wearing. Unfortunately, it was ruined by my dry cleaners last year. I took it in for repairs (the pockets having been torn) and the took it upon themselves to dry clean it. We tried rewaxing, but it really isn't much good anymore. It had been a promotional freebie, and I got about eight or nine good years of use out of it.

Believe it or not, I only fell in love with A-Es in the following year. The brown bluchers were in all probability a pair of Timberlands that I mostly use for visits to shooting ranges and the like. My A-Es lead a pampered, sheltered existence in comparison.

Thanks for the interest and the kind words.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jan: That's pretty cool that one of our members is popping up on a documentary from time to time. What is the name of the show, so I can be on the lookout for it?

Originally Posted by JLibourel
That program was filmed early in 2002 and has been re-broadcast any number of times. For the indoor section of the taping, I wore my blue pin-striped Corneliani suit.

The shooting segment was taped at the Petersen Ranch (not a shooting range) near Lake Elizabeth. The modern guns we mainly used were a blued Smith & Wesson Model 29 and a scope sighted Freedom Arms .454 Casull Magnum in stainless steel. It was indeed a Barbour jacket I was wearing. Unfortunately, it was ruined by my dry cleaners last year. I took it in for repairs (the pockets having been torn) and the took it upon themselves to dry clean it. We tried rewaxing, but it really isn't much good anymore. It had been a promotional freebie, and I got about eight or nine good years of use out of it.

Believe it or not, I only fell in love with A-Es in the following year. The brown bluchers were in all probability a pair of Timberlands that I mostly use for visits to shooting ranges and the like. My A-Es lead a pampered, sheltered existence in comparison.

Thanks for the interest and the kind words.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
Personally, I'm waiting for the point where the elusive green blazer makes its first on-film appearance.

I suppose it's flattering that one garment of mine has started to take on legendary status in forumland!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads