1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I Saw JLibourel Today!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by VMan, Jul 31, 2006.

1. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

...5 minutes ago on a program about Magnum handguns on the History Channel. He was shooting at a range North of LA I believe, shooting with a nice chrome .44 Mag IIRC.

Looked sharp with some cotton trousers, brown blutchers, and what looked like possibly a dark green Barbour coat.

2. EL72

EL72 Distinguished Member

...5 minutes ago on a program about Magnum handguns on the History Channel. He was shooting at a range North of LA I believe, shooting with a nice chrome .44 Mag IIRC.

Looked sharp with some cotton trousers, brown blutchers, and what looked like possibly a dark green Barbour coat.

What no AEs? [​IMG]

3. JLibourel

JLibourel Distinguished Member

That program was filmed early in 2002 and has been re-broadcast any number of times. For the indoor section of the taping, I wore my blue pin-striped Corneliani suit.

The shooting segment was taped at the Petersen Ranch (not a shooting range) near Lake Elizabeth. The modern guns we mainly used were a blued Smith & Wesson Model 29 and a scope sighted Freedom Arms .454 Casull Magnum in stainless steel. It was indeed a Barbour jacket I was wearing. Unfortunately, it was ruined by my dry cleaners last year. I took it in for repairs (the pockets having been torn) and the took it upon themselves to dry clean it. We tried rewaxing, but it really isn't much good anymore. It had been a promotional freebie, and I got about eight or nine good years of use out of it.

Believe it or not, I only fell in love with A-Es in the following year. The brown bluchers were in all probability a pair of Timberlands that I mostly use for visits to shooting ranges and the like. My A-Es lead a pampered, sheltered existence in comparison.

Thanks for the interest and the kind words.

4. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Jan: That's pretty cool that one of our members is popping up on a documentary from time to time. What is the name of the show, so I can be on the lookout for it?

That program was filmed early in 2002 and has been re-broadcast any number of times. For the indoor section of the taping, I wore my blue pin-striped Corneliani suit.

The shooting segment was taped at the Petersen Ranch (not a shooting range) near Lake Elizabeth. The modern guns we mainly used were a blued Smith & Wesson Model 29 and a scope sighted Freedom Arms .454 Casull Magnum in stainless steel. It was indeed a Barbour jacket I was wearing. Unfortunately, it was ruined by my dry cleaners last year. I took it in for repairs (the pockets having been torn) and the took it upon themselves to dry clean it. We tried rewaxing, but it really isn't much good anymore. It had been a promotional freebie, and I got about eight or nine good years of use out of it.

Believe it or not, I only fell in love with A-Es in the following year. The brown bluchers were in all probability a pair of Timberlands that I mostly use for visits to shooting ranges and the like. My A-Es lead a pampered, sheltered existence in comparison.

Thanks for the interest and the kind words.

5. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Distinguished Member

Personally, I'm waiting for the point where the elusive green blazer makes its first on-film appearance.

6. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

Jan: That's pretty cool that one of our members is popping up on a documentary from time to time. What is the name of the show, so I can be on the lookout for it?

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=75998

The program was just called 'The Magnum'.

7. JLibourel

JLibourel Distinguished Member

Personally, I'm waiting for the point where the elusive green blazer makes its first on-film appearance.

I suppose it's flattering that one garment of mine has started to take on legendary status in forumland!