• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I saw a sign of overbranding and "chav"-ing?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
If I recall, Coach took Burberry's former CEO who was also responsible for that brand's revival.

You are thinking about Rose Marie Bravo, who has stepped down in the last year or so as Burberry's CEO. However, she is not the CEO at Coach, who is a man (don't remember his name right now.)

Coach is a Cinderella story, no matter how you cut it. It's progress has been remarkable, rising from trading at about 2 to about 40 over 6 years.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw Coach bags at Costco the other day. So ugly.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Everyone I know has an unfortunate addiction to Coach bags. They're definitely fugly.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forum for the purse addicted:

http://forum.purseblog.com/
plain.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Unfortuantely, skalogre my friend, I WAS being serious. They looked like something a goat coughs up (they'll eat anything, you know), with a leather strap attached. And, they started at about $1800 or so, if I remember correctly...

uhoh.gif
eek.gif

Where is the damn :faints: smiley when I need it....

aspriel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
Their sailor line this year is CRACKING me up. I can't believe anyone would pay $400 for those tacky red/white/blue polos. The buyer at Sak's chicago found the worst of it too....some of the stuff at Scoop is at least decent-looking, if overpriced.

I *saw* those! Saks Chicago usually gets it right, but WOW.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
They looked like something a goat coughs up (they'll eat anything, you know)...

You know, goats are actually very selective about what they eat.

vanity

Reaction score
I'm usually pretty opinionated and overbearing, but I think I'm 100% correct when saying this;

DSquared is total ******* garbage. Insanely priced, boring, bland, garbage.

mattjames

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
I'm usually pretty opinionated and overbearing, but I think I'm 100% correct when saying this;

DSquared is total ******* garbage. Insanely priced, boring, bland, garbage.

I don't think bland is the right word for Dsquared. Vulgar is more like it. I do like some of their items that are free from their logo or any of the other **** they like to put over their clothes.

west coast wonderboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
The wealthier or more educated people get, the less they seem to gravitate towards those obnoxious bags.

On the contrary, I go to what is deemed a "prestigious " university which is unfortunately populated for the large part by very wealthy Toronto girls who seem to be unable to wear anything but the typical uggs/novaplaid/giant Chanel sunglasses/large-print handbag outfits... so maybe its not just the poor/stupid people (or maybe its just cause they're from Toronto...
devil.gif
).

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Russians also have a habit of desiring branded goods. One will frequently see roving bands of Russians at Loehmans, snatching up Moschino tee-shirts and Hugo Boss belts, and then utterling a little vocal sign of happiness to their fellow marauders.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them made a tidy sum reselling the things in Russia.

Funny you say that. Everytime I'm at the dept store, the Ladies who are hording the latest name brand clothes are Russian.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Style Forum.
S-F! S-F! S-F! S-F!

aspriel

Reaction score
I like DSquared. People here will be quick to call me a label whore or whatever. I also like Diesel and Burberry a lot. /shrug

DSquared is VERY hit or miss with me - I like some of their shoes,some of their tops that aren't really obscene, etc.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aspriel
I like DSquared. People here will be quick to call me a label whore or whatever. I also like Diesel and Burberry a lot. /shrug

DSquared is VERY hit or miss with me - I like some of their shoes,some of their tops that aren't really obscene, etc.

Like any brand, not everything they do is bad. I was just joking in talking about them, given that their overall aesthetic is sort of like a sleezier Dolce & Gabbana. BUT, a season or two back they did some simple, understated and quite gorgeously tailored jackets that were as nice as anything on the market.

Nevertheless, in general DSquared is not high on my list of looks I want to recreate...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads