• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I saw a ghost

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know a lot of people who believe in ghosts and magic and wizards and so on. it is very common in india.

I read recently that 96% of the mass of the universe is made of material that we know nothing about - material that science can't study at this point. While I hate to believe in anything that can't be measured or touched, it would seem to me that if 96% of everything is not measurable or quantifiable, there is room for there to be possible scientific explainations for a lot of stuff taht we can't, at this present time, explain.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NYC EXCLUSIVE SHOP
That is 1 sick story? Did that happen to you?

I was there with my brother the first time we heard the sound. We were both upstairs and heard a huge crash and the shattering of glass. We looked at each other and I think we probably said "Holy ****!" at the same time. We ran downstairs and checked the kitchen, where the sound had come from, but there was not even a hint of anything out of place.

We were pretty spooked, because the sound had no conceivable explanation other than being the work of a ghost.

I heard it again on a couple of other occasions. Apparently, my brother and his wife heard similar sounds frequently enough that they would just laugh and say the ghost was breaking plates in the kitchen again.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
While nothing has directly happened to me, my father has had a few things happen. One of my favorite stories is about a LIVING ghost.

My father lived in a small house with my grandparents for two years or so. During this time, my grandfather worked in a mine, a job he absolutely hated. He would leave early in the morning and return later at night. Ready for some fun?

My father, my grandmother, their dog, and possibly my aunt/uncle would hear the ghost of my living grandfather return home from work in the middle of the day. The house had a gravel path and three cement stairs before reaching the door. At least once or twice a month for over a year or so they would hear footsteps coming up the path. The footsteps would then go up the steps and either knock, try to turn the knob, or do nothing. My grandfather wore heavy boots to work which my father swears made the same walking noises of the "ghost."

So "it" would be at the door. The family dog would go crazy thinking it was my grandfather coming home from work. When they opened the door...nothing there. This would completely freak out the dog to the point that he sprinted to find a place to hide.

At first they figured it was some sort of prank, but there was too much that was unexplained. Steps making noise to the door would have to make noise leaving but never did. And why was the dog petrified when the door was opened?

The only explaination we could think of was that my grandfather wanted to leave work for home so badly that maybe he actually did.

Before this, my father lived with my uncle and his wife in a house that had a few odd things about it. The creepiest in my mind were the "knocks." All houses have creaks, knocks, and pops as you walk around a room with wooden floors. THIS house had knocks just above your head that would follow you from room to room. When I say "knocks," I mean something knocking on the wall about once a second. He told me he would walk from the bedroom and the knocks would begin on either side of him on the wall around shoulder level. If he walked, the knocks would follow. If he stopped. the knocks would stay in his spot. They would follow him into the living room and would often stop around the kitchen. Some days the knocks were there, some days they weren't.

NYC EXCLUSIVE SHOP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
I was there with my brother the first time we heard the sound. We were both upstairs and heard a huge crash and the shattering of glass. We looked at each other and I think we probably said "Holy ****!" at the same time. We ran downstairs and checked the kitchen, where the sound had come from, but there was not even a hint of anything out of place.

We were pretty spooked, because the sound had no conceivable explanation other than being the work of a ghost.

I heard it again on a couple of other occasions. Apparently, my brother and his wife heard similar sounds frequently enough that they would just laugh and say the ghost was breaking plates in the kitchen again.

Have you ever tried to bring in Paranormal investigators to see if any ghosts or spirits roaming the house?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting how many people just in this forum claim to have had some sort of "ghostly" experiences. I have never had an experience of this sort, but enough otherwise credible, down-to-earth people have had such experiences that I sure won't scoff at them. I think some people are more sensitive to that kind of thing than others. My mother and her brother were friends with gay male couple that lived in a house that was supposed to be haunted. They never had any untoward experiences there, but they had a friend who had been so unsettled by what he had seen in the course of his visits there that he wouldn't set foot in the place! One day my mother and uncle decided to pay a chance visit to their friends. My uncle went to the door and knocked while my mother waited in the car. My mother saw someone moving in the house, but no-one came to the door, and her friends later confirmed they had not been home at that hour. My mother was convinced she had seen the ghost.

I could cite many other stories like this among people I've known, but no first-hand experiences like this, which suits me just fine. I am kind of with Globetrotter on this. I simply think the universe is a much more complex place than we have any idea of.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NYC EXCLUSIVE SHOP
Have you ever tried to bring in Paranormal investigators to see if any ghosts or spirits roaming the house?

I don't think that ever occurred to any of us, as nobody ever felt uneasy in the house. The house had been in the same family until my brother bought it in the mid nineties, so if the ghosts of any of the previous inhabitants were still lingering around, they might have had a thing or two to say about it. The only evidence of a ghost was the occasional sound of shattering glass coming from the kitchen.

habeas_dorkus

Reaction score
I live in the old Victorian part.
You're not near Dorothea Puente's old stomping grounds, are you tiecollector?

May be a few ghosts hanging around 14th and F...

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by habeas_dorkus
You're not near Dorothea Puente's old stomping grounds, are you tiecollector? May be a few ghosts hanging around 14th and F...
Yup, live 10 blocks from there, I'll have to drive by on my way home from work. Most the stories I hear are from buildings between the Old Town on the Sacramento River and the capitol building, which is about 10 blocks. In the newer Wells Fargo building, I hear there is a ghost that walks around the parking garage, whom many have seen. Also, it seems that Dorothea Puente is still alive but I guess her victims were all from around there.

habeas_dorkus

Reaction score
I live about 10 blocks away from the Capitol in the other direction. My girlfriend and I both live in fairly old houses, but neither of us has seen/heard any ghostly activity. When she lived in Texas, though, she had several encounters with a ghost in her childhood home.

I believe Puente's still in jail, and actually put out a cookbook awhile ago. I remember seeing the news when they were digging up her yard and finding all the bodies...

caelte

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
Could it be a dream? I had, for several times, saw a black silhouette figure go in my room in the middle of the night and I'd be just laying there, and I can't move, and there's this terrible pressure on my chest that makes me hard to move or even speak. I hope to God it's just a dream. Anyway, it hasn't talked yet and I am hoping when it does it sounds like Norm MacDonald
2000_03_21_familyguy.jpg

I've read about those black silhouettes. If I can find it I'll post it. Sounds like sleep paralysis.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea..sleep paralysis. We chinese call it "being held down by a ghost"

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
want to hear some real scary __?

a family of four used to live in a house there were two little brothers. the kids had owned a gremlin sort of halloween costume with plastic?/latex monster head and a monster , grisly green hands made of same material that you put on your head and over your hands and arms like a glove.

one night the parents were gone . the one kid was in his bedroom and thought his older brother was home as well in his room doing his thing.

the little kid went into the bathroom to do number 2. he was staring at that 1 inch space beneath the bathroom entry door and he saw a shadow move across.

a few seconds later, he heard a corny, high-pitched , "flufblubulblublubllublub!!!"
as if his older brother attempted to make a gremlin sound.

so the little kid on the toilet yelled, " haha, funny"

then a few seconds later one of the gremlin hands reached through underneath the bathroom door extending and feeling around, then slipped away.

the kid finished his toilet, and got out and looked for his older brother to tease him. he thought that his brother put on the hand to try to scare him.

he could not find him anywhere.

later that night the parents came back home, and guess what, with the older brother , he changed his mind last minute and went with his parents.

so who was that who made the sound and put on the plastic hand??????

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
then a few seconds later one of the gremlin hands reached through underneath the bathroom door extending and feeling around, then slipped away.

I have a friend who had something similar happen to him in a men's room. He probably would have preferred if it had been a gremlin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads