• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I saw a ghost

caelte

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
..when I was just married and living in a very old house in San Francisco.
I saw it more than once.

One night I was startled out of my sleep, there was a face directly over mine about six inches away. I thought I was going to have a fukn heart attack.
The figure turned and moved out of the room and as it went, it slowly disappeared.
I asked the local old lady about the house. She said it had been used as a funeral parlor after the 'o6 quake.

Anyone else?

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Should I tell the story about the ghost in my brother's house again? We never saw her, but she sure made a lot of noise.

Then there's Nantucket. Talk about a place full of ghosts!

A friend told me about the ghosts of three fishermen in his family's house, whom all of them had seen on several occasions. That house must have been nearly 200 years old.

Then there was "Swifty," the ghost of Seth Swift, who had been one of the early ministers of the Unitarian church. Swifty was a well-known and well-liked ghost whom many people saw. A friend of my mother's once saw him waving to her through one of the church windows.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Could it be a dream? I had, for several times, saw a black silhouette figure go in my room in the middle of the night and I'd be just laying there, and I can't move, and there's this terrible pressure on my chest that makes me hard to move or even speak. I hope to God it's just a dream. Anyway, it hasn't talked yet and I am hoping when it does it sounds like Norm MacDonald
2000_03_21_familyguy.jpg

MrRogers

Reaction score
Friends of mine owned a house in Manayunk, PA when we were in college. I never before had a strange feeling entering a house before I went in this one. My friends had dozens of stories ranging from seeing shadows to having stuff moved about in a peculiar manner. There were 2 that I experienced.

I was once in the house alone, taking a shower in the bathroom. As I got out I heard LOUD footsteps running up the stairs. Five seconds later, I opened the door expecting someone to be standing there but there was noone. I went downstairs and all the doors were still closed and locked.

Second time me and a friend were in one of the 2 bedrooms on the second floor when we heard a loud crash in the other bedroom like someone was moving furniture and dropped it. When we went in, her bureau, which was on 4 stumpy legs had been moved a foot away from the wall. We noticed a few seconds later that there were plastic rings that you use to hold up a shower curtain placed directly under each of the 4 legs. The girl swares that they were in storage somewhere as they replaced them when they got the house.

weird

mrr

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never seen an actual human looking figure but I hope to see one one day since Sacramento is pretty haunted and I hear stories.

1) When I was in high school we rented a house with an old intercom system, for the longest time I was the only one that could hear voices coming out of it, until my little sister heard them too one day, though my parents never did even when they were sitting not too far away from me some of the times. It could have been interference from phones or something but it was often when I was alone and it was always the same sounding muffled voice, and always in the room I was in apparently.

2) In college I lived in an apartment and saw blue celestial orbs floating around the living room regularly since I was a night owl. One day my roommate saw them too and got pretty freaked out. I then talked to my neighbors about it and they told me that they had things grab them during power outages while alone and once, when all the lights were on, the corner of room went black.

3) When I was in middle school I lived on a rundown former military base that was big during WW2. I never actually peered into the old barracks (which have since been torn down), but several of my friends, and even my mom's friends told me that the dinner place settings were still perfectly in place after 50 years when the buildings were quite dilapidated. Kinda creepy and it's sad the military base is mostly cookie cutter real estate now, though they refurbished a couple of the bigger buildings.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by caelte
Sure!

I'm lazy, so I just copied it from my post on the 100-year-olod house thread:

I helped my brother and his wife restore an 1860 farmhouse (which had long since become just a run-down house on a suburban block), and of course, one of the first priorities was to insulate it thoroughly. We jacked up sagging beams and reinforced them with steel plates, and made everything as plumb, level and square as possible. We did all the woodworking, including designing and building the kitchen (in cherry with bird's-eye maple panels).

Once it was all finished, we became acquainted with the ghost. We always assumed it was the previous owner, a woman who had been a fashion designer of some note back in the '40s. I witnessed the ghost's antics on a number of occasions. We would hear a trememdous crash and the breaking of glass, as if one of the kitchen cabinets had been torn from the wall and every glass and plate in it shattered. We would run to the kitchen in alarm, but nothing was ever the least bit out of order. I'm sure the ghost got a good chuckle from her little escapade, as the breaking glass phenomenon was a fairly regular occurrence. We never saw her, but she sure made a lot of noise.

G79

Reaction score
I once saw a ghost, dressed in white and friggin downright scary.

It was on a road (this is in india) and she popped out of nowhere. She just floated into my way and I was going at about 70 miles an hour. She literally just floated into my way! Anyways I slammed the brakes and skid right into her.

I got up and turned about and she wasnt there. There was no way she could have got off without breaking a one as I plowed right into her. I was left with a razor sharp wound above my left eyebrow and needed a couple of stitches to stem the bloodflow. Dont like ghosts much after that !

And I had a friend who was riding with me on his bike who saw it happen so I know it wasnt just me losing my sanity at college!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ooh! Ooh! I've got another one! I didn't exactly see it but here in my office, my room to be exact, a secretary once saw a lady hovering around my desk. And that secretary was the first to come to work. And another time, another office staff saw a headless person walking down the stairs from the office. A few days before that an employee was stabbed dead on his way home from work.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Sacramento? Pray you don't run into the ghost of Richard Trenton Chase.

Can't find what part he is from, I live in the old Victorian part. I have heard stories about a Japanese bamboo(?) forest that has made believers out of many. Do you know which one I'm talking about?

NYC EXCLUSIVE SHOP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
I'm lazy, so I just copied it from my post on the 100-year-olod house thread:

I helped my brother and his wife restore an 1860 farmhouse (which had long since become just a run-down house on a suburban block), and of course, one of the first priorities was to insulate it thoroughly. We jacked up sagging beams and reinforced them with steel plates, and made everything as plumb, level and square as possible. We did all the woodworking, including designing and building the kitchen (in cherry with bird's-eye maple panels).

Once it was all finished, we became acquainted with the ghost. We always assumed it was the previous owner, a woman who had been a fashion designer of some note back in the '40s. I witnessed the ghost's antics on a number of occasions. We would hear a tremendous crash and the breaking of glass, as if one of the kitchen cabinets had been torn from the wall and every glass and plate in it shattered. We would run to the kitchen in alarm, but nothing was ever the least bit out of order. I'm sure the ghost got a good chuckle from her little escapade, as the breaking glass phenomenon was a fairly regular occurrence. We never saw her, but she sure made a lot of noise.

That is 1 sick story? Did that happen to you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads