• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I received defective fabric ordered online. What should I do...

amdovers

Reaction score
I received some suiting fabric I bought online. There are some areas that have very small parts as if they have been "eroded", "or pricked with a needle". And those parts can be counted. I think there were at least 4 of those spots, an not in the corners or sides, but in the central area of the fabric. Since the fabric is large (3.5meters), I´m not sure if this is a problem, I guess that it can be cut in the right way. But I´m not sure because is the first time I oder fabric online and I´m not a tailor.

I hope I have described well what I´ve seen, if I didn´t explain well, I can take some pictures later.

The wool suiting fabric has several small imperfections. I wonder if that´s normal in a large suit piece of fabric like the one I ordered, and if the tailor knows how to cut that piece so no imperfections are shown in the final suit?

So, should I worry about those small imperfections that appear here and there in the wool suit fabric, or is it quite common?

mlongano

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amdovers
I received some suiting fabric I bought online. There are some areas that have very small parts as if they have been "eroded", "or pricked with a needle". And those parts can be counted. I think there were at least 4 of those spots, an not in the corners or sides, but in the central area of the fabric. Since the fabric is large (3.5meters), I´m not sure if this is a problem, I guess that it can be cut in the right way. But I´m not sure because is the first time I oder fabric online and I´m not a tailor.

I hope I have described well what I´ve seen, if I didn´t explain well, I can take some pictures later.

The wool suiting fabric has several small imperfections. I wonder if that´s normal in a large suit piece of fabric like the one I ordered, and if the tailor knows how to cut that piece so no imperfections are shown in the final suit?

So, should I worry about those small imperfections that appear here and there in the wool suit fabric, or is it quite common?

Take a picture of the defective areas, send it to the vendor, and ask them to replace the fabric with a piece that is free of defects. Many vendors will allow you to return a piece of fabric within 30-60 days of purchase.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Get a refund.
Keep the fabric.
Sell the fabric on SF.
$$Profit$$

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.