1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I really feel like there is nothing to buy!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Styleman, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I'm in for 50

2. linux_pro

linux_pro Senior member

I think this thread should be deleted. It's very strange.

3. 4Mica

4Mica Senior member

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  4. Dakota rube

Awwwwww, LP, it was just starting to get really good. Gekko, I'd like to request new odds.

5. Dakota rube

You're in. Hop on

6. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

4-1...it's turning jokey now so the threat of closure is diminishing [​IMG]

7. 4Mica

4Mica Senior member

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I hope I am not one of the people who is not who he is alluding to be. Unless you got the impression that I am trying to sound like a connoisseur of homeless people, in which case I sadly admit that I am not.

Manton, don't get all hatey on the Berkeley homeless. At least they're straightforward. They need money for weed and they're not afraid to tell you. San Diego homeless will politely inform you that they were just released from jail, and they need your spare change. A different edge, but effective none the less. I've never had any conversational encounters with LA panhandlers but I am sure they have discovered their own regional ways acquiring change.

Anyone recall a thread in which a very pasty, slender Lakshmi Mittal posted a picture of his wrist with a gold Cartier Tank on it?

Linux, no one's saying LA is a violent place, but walk into any cool** club with an attitude like our resident upper class brat Styleman is going to get a little roughed up.

**and by cool, I mean not yuppie (dress code thread, Mike C.? LA Guy? anyone?)

9. 4Mica

4Mica Senior member

10. 4Mica

4Mica Senior member

11. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

let me point out to you that this guy, butt ugly or not, is working an honest trade to support himself and his family, and has something to teach you, whether it is about stocks or shooting. you could do a hell of a lot worse in life than spend some time learning about the real world from such a "sleeze-bag". you don't become a gentleman due to the money your family has or where you go to school. being a gentleman is something that you need to learn, and/or grow into.
    Thanks globetrotter, that's what I should have written - but you do have six years on me.
    maybe, but you can bet your ass in 6 years I will not be able to get a PHd, so we are even [​IMG]

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

To Mica, See now you're spamming. Are you trying to cheat your way up to the 1000 post club?

13. 4Mica

4Mica Senior member

14. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

(johnapril @ Feb. 17 2005,10:34) In 1986, when I was 17 years old, I owned two pairs of jeans and a bunch of t-shirts and flannel shirts, and one pair of fucked up tennis shoes. Â For a coat I wore a brown distressed leather jacket by Banana Republic. Â When I came home, I threw the jacket on the floor, kicked the shoes off. Â There was no such thing as the Internet, and there was no such thing as the Style Forum, and all I wanted to do was read good books and figure shit out about people.
    didn't your profile put you at 43?
    That thing's been since fixed. I'm 35. Wish me happy b-day on 10 May.

15. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

let me buy you a virtual beer, dude [​IMG]

16. 4Mica

4Mica Senior member

17. Styleman

Styleman Senior member

lol

18. 4Mica

4Mica Senior member

19. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

We've got at least another 3 pages before any lockage occurs. No moderators online unless they're invisible. It won't get locked anyway (there's my bet).

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I don't recall immediately the name of the specific afterhours I was thinking about but was in a light colored pillbox bunker type of building. Does that help you any? I figure I'd take him to the Dragonfly beforehand (he'd probably get in with a proper fake ID), where I got the info from about the afterhours in the first place. South Boston clubs I'm not particularly familiar with, but I know loads of native Irish Bostonians who'd be more than happy to help educate this pr**k.

No, LA is not that dangerous, although there are some sketchy areas that you wouldn't immediately think of, El Monte, for example, with its larger than fair share of skanky strip clubs and the accompanying sketchiness.

My point was that he would learn a little more humility and stop calling honest people butt ugly and poor, if he was taken out of his little dream world for a while. My idea maybe wasn't the best one. Maybe globetrotter could persuade him to join the Israeli army for, say, a week?