1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I really feel like there is nothing to buy!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Styleman, Feb 17, 2005.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

(LA Guy @ Feb. 17 2005,17:53) Jeans and sneakers, and tee-shirts and hoodies. And a pullover here and there. You can never have too many of these staples. C'mon man, you're 17.
    Don't get me wrong, out of school that is what I wear, and I can never get tired of a new pair of Dior Homme, Richmond, or McQueen Jeans. But for school I have to wear a suit.
    Wait, so what do you wear to the boardroom meetings? How about when you tell conference from the 'home office'? Jon.

2. Styleman

Styleman Senior member

That actually reminds me of something very funny that happened to me.

I was doing a bit of clay-pigeon-shooting with some friends, and was having a conversation with this girl (she is stunning actually). We were talking about trust funds, Swiss bank accounts how much of the investors had started investing in different countries now, and all sorts of nonsense, (stuff you would say we teens shouldn't be talking about) . The instructor said to us, (and the person really pisses me off, because he always touches her and moves her into position to help her shoot, which to me just seems a bit paedophillic) "You guys seem much more intelligent than I was when I was your age, I don't even understand a lot of what you are talking about now". The girl's very apt and witty comment was "˜Westminster School Ya'know" putting on a very harsh Chelsea girl accent. At first, I felt hurt by the comment of the instructor; then I though to myself, well, look at you, your butt-ugly, you work at a shooting ground, and you are a sleaze bag, it is not a wonder you do not know what we are talking about. Latter on, the guy says to us, "leave the stock market alone now, and lets enjoy some shooting". I was going to say, we were not even talking about the stock market farm-boy, but I guess dignity got the better of me.

Don't worry, I do plenty of 'teen' things, go to bars, the cinema, etc.etc. I'm not totaly lost, just a little...

3. Styleman

Styleman Senior member

(Styleman @ Feb. 17 2005,12:56)
    Jeans and sneakers, and tee-shirts and hoodies. Â And a pullover here and there. Â You can never have too many of these staples. Â C'mon man, you're 17.
    Don't get me wrong, out of school that is what I wear, and I can never get tired of a new pair of Dior Homme, Richmond, or McQueen Jeans. But for school I have to wear a suit.
    Wait, so what do you wear to the boardroom meetings? How about when you tell conference from the 'home office'? Jon.
    I am very lost.. You don't make any sense to me.. I still await your reply to my PM.

4. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Sounds like a pretty good life you have - with a very nice wardrobe. Don't worry, something will come along that you want - until then - just enjoy what you have.

Bradford

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

You have only considered one reply in this entire thread and everything else you took pleasure in shooting down. This leads me to believe that the only reason you made this post is to make all of us aware of your extensive wardrobe. Bugatti's aside, you seem to love to shock people on this board with your enviable collections (highly ungentlemanly), and judging by the 5 pages this post has reached, it's working.

6. ATM

ATM Senior member

That's right. Back then we had Usenet and we liked it. I'd be surprised if the early Internet crowd created an alt.clothes group though.

7. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

(gorgekko @ Feb. 17 2005,12:41) Errr, the Internet did exist in 1986. The World Wide Web, however, did not [​IMG]
    That's right. Back then we had Usenet and we liked it. I'd be surprised if the early Internet crowd created an alt.clothes group though.
    what about alt.pictures.debbiegibson?

8. Styleman

Styleman Senior member

Any post relating to additions to my wardrobe, I replied to. e.g. Silk/Linen suit, Overcoat, Brown suit, English shoes.

Any posts relating to the 'vastness' of lack thereof of the wardrobe was ingnored, or taken as a joke, how can I be any more 'highly -(un)-gentlemanly' in your very words.

I doubt you are Westminster educated, and have a girlfriend who has attended finishing school - so to comment on Gentlemenlyness seems odd to me.

9. Styleman

Styleman Senior member

I don't understand what you mean by 'Bugatti'

10. 4Mica

4Mica Senior member

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  11. Styleman

Styleman Senior member

(Styleman @ Feb. 17 2005,14:24) I doubt you are Westminster educated, and have a girlfriend who has attended finishing school - so to  comment on Gentlemenlyness seems odd to me.
    A true gentleman would never have written the above.
    In light of the comments made; one would.

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Oh come now, a 17 year old English kid with more luxury goods than lakshmi mittal should at least have heard of a Bugatti.

13. Styleman

Styleman Senior member

All come to San Deigo; home of the gentleman. Coming, right now.

I know full well what a Bugatti is, as do I know who Mittal is, but I really do not get you. I severly doubt I have more than Lakshmi Mittal.

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Truly. We have the politest panhandlers in the country (although not nearly as funny as Berkeley)

15. 4Mica

4Mica Senior member

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  16. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

"Polite" and "Berkeley" and "panhandler" should not be used within 1,000 words of eachother.

17. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

You little punk bitch. Fly over here, and I'll take you to South Boston, and you can recite your interesting anecdotes at a local bar there. That's the teaser. Then we'll fly out to L.A., and Brian and I'll take you to a good club, then to an afterhours in Inglewood, and you can charm the locals there with your humourous stories. If you come out of it alive, you'll be less apt to let shit come out both ends. Trust me on that one.

18. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

didn't your profile put you at 43?

19. Styleman

Styleman Senior member

I doubt you are Westminster educated, and have a girlfriend who has attended finishing school - so to  comment on Gentlemenlyness seems odd to me.
    You little punk bitch. Â Fly over here, and I'll take you to South Boston, and you can recite your interesting anecdotes at a local bar there. Â That's the teaser. Â Then we'll fly out to L.A., and Brian and I'll take you to a good club, then to an afterhours in Inglewood, and you can charm the locals there with your humourous stories. Â If you come out of it alive, you'll be less apt to let shit come out both ends. Â Trust me on that one.
    I always did have a death wish. (too bad the triads will be there sooner than that ever happens) Please, now can we cease this argument, there really is no need for it. I will apologise for the 'Wesminster Educated' comment, but I only said it in defence.

20. spatten

spatten Senior member

I am suprised at the lack of civility I am seeing on this board as of late. I think what everyone here needs are some cheap Grensons from Bennies - quickly..

Scott