I really feel like there is nothing to buy!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Styleman, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Styleman

Styleman In Time Out

Sounds good.

However, I don't want to stop buying clothes, I just don't know what to buy. I am perhaps too young to apriciate suitings, and the subtle variations.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Jeans and sneakers, and tee-shirts and hoodies. And a pullover here and there. You can never have too many of these staples. C'mon man, you're 17.

3. Styleman

Styleman In Time Out

Don't get me wrong, out of school that is what I wear, and I can never get tired of a new pair of Dior Homme, Richmond, or McQueen Jeans. But for school I have to wear a suit.

4. dietcookie

dietcookie Senior member

Who cares about health insurance and tuition when you got some good looking suits.

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

You could always buy me something. I'll put together a wishlist and get back to you. For now, just some C&J Weymouths in US 10.5D would be fine. One in every color.

6. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Allow me to intervene here. I see an anguished cry for help. Being the truly altruistic sort, I hereby step forward to offer my assistance. My suggestion: send the entire contents of your closet to me, and go buy new. [​IMG] You'll have all new buying opportunities and a nice warm feeling from helping a less fortunate soul. (BTW, I'm a 42 reg)

7. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

In 1986, when I was 17 years old, I owned two pairs of jeans and a bunch of t-shirts and flannel shirts, and one pair of fucked up tennis shoes. For a coat I wore a brown distressed leather jacket by Banana Republic. When I came home, I threw the jacket on the floor, kicked the shoes off. There was no such thing as the Internet, and there was no such thing as the Style Forum, and all I wanted to do was read good books and figure shit out about people.

8. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

superior brown suit:

GrpNm Prada tela bi-stretch
    Color EBANO
    Have it MTM

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Ditto.

I would like a chocolate Helmut Lang Moleskin doublebreasted reefer jacket. I would also like a black (or Navy or charcoal, all are fine) Helmut Lang 3-season weight 2 or three button suit, with a pair of white Helmut Lang sneakers to match (oh no, Manton, please put the gun down.) A thin white Dior Homme belt with a silver buckle (size 90, since I like a little more tongue on the belt) would be great as well.

My size is 40R.

Yours,

LA Guy.

10. Styleman

Styleman In Time Out

(Styleman @ Feb. 17 2005,11:52) What sort of brown suit would you suggest, maybe a darker less reddish tone I would think?
    superior brown suit: GrpNm Prada tela bi-stretch Color  EBANO Have it MTM
    Where can I see a pic of that?

11. ken

ken Banned by Request

Yeah, go buy a geetar and swoon the ladies or a bonzai tree and some books on bonzai-tree-trimming. Don't get me wrong, clothes are a cool hobby and one I wish I had gotten into earlier, but there's other fun stuff to waste your money on.

And, of course, I'm making the assumption that your life, presently, consists solely of dreaming about clothes all day. It might be a bad assumption, but it's the only one that makes my post work...

12. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

(johnapril @ Feb. 17 2005,10:34) In 1986, when I was 17 years old, I owned two pairs of jeans and a bunch of t-shirts and flannel shirts, and one pair of fucked up tennis shoes. Â For a coat I wore a brown distressed leather jacket by Banana Republic. Â When I came home, I threw the jacket on the floor, kicked the shoes off. Â There was no such thing as the Internet, and there was no such thing as the Style Forum, and all I wanted to do was read good books and figure shit out about people.
    Yeah, go buy a geetar and swoon the ladies or a bonzai tree and some books on bonzai-tree-trimming. Don't get me wrong, clothes are a cool hobby and one I wish I had gotten into earlier, but there's other fun stuff to waste your money on. And, of course, I'm making the assumption that your life, presently, consists solely of dreaming about clothes all day. It might be a bad assumption, but it's the only one that makes my post work...
    I didn't start trimming bonsai trees until I was 19.

13. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

(johnapril @ Feb. 17 2005,18:39)
    What sort of brown suit would you suggest, maybe a darker less reddish tone I would think?
    Give me a day and I'll post a few pics for you.

14. Styleman

Styleman In Time Out

(Styleman @ Feb. 17 2005,13:43)
    What sort of brown suit would you suggest, maybe a darker less reddish tone I would think?

Give me a day and I'll post a few pics for you.
    Thank you.

15. Styleman

Styleman In Time Out

(johnapril @ Feb. 17 2005,10:34) In 1986, when I was 17 years old, I owned two pairs of jeans and a bunch of t-shirts and flannel shirts, and one pair of fucked up tennis shoes. Â For a coat I wore a brown distressed leather jacket by Banana Republic. Â When I came home, I threw the jacket on the floor, kicked the shoes off. Â There was no such thing as the Internet, and there was no such thing as the Style Forum, and all I wanted to do was read good books and figure shit out about people.
    Yeah, go buy a geetar and swoon the ladies or a bonzai tree and some books on bonzai-tree-trimming. Don't get me wrong, clothes are a cool hobby and one I wish I had gotten into earlier, but there's other fun stuff to waste your money on. And, of course, I'm making the assumption that your life, presently, consists solely of dreaming about clothes all day. It might be a bad assumption, but it's the only one that makes my post work...
    Can't play music for shit, and a tree seems a little boaring to me. [​IMG] Don't worry, I don't really spend that much time on clothes.