• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I raise my glass to each of you

ChiliPalmer

Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how quickly and definitively SF members answer questions of product origin and details.

Clueless and obfuscating sales staff make me appreciate all of you that much more.

I raise my glass to each of you.

Cheers to all!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a good way to put it. Poorly trained sales people can ruin an experience, but on the other hand a great seller can give one the advice they need to make good decisions (and still turn a buck for their company).

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
It never ceases to amaze me how quickly and definitively SF members answer questions of product origin and details.

Clueless and obfuscating sales staff make me appreciate all of you that much more.

I raise my glass to each of you.

Cheers to all!

pre SF, I consider myself an educated consumer. but SF absolutely took it to another level.

I recently stopped by what I would consider an SF approved store along the Mag mile in Chicago..And to apply lessons learned from SF, I started asking details about shoes and clothing. I left the store feeling great as the SA pretty much told me "Damn, you know your shit", even though I cannot afford 90% of their inventory.

ebmk3891

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirGrotius
That's a good way to put it. Poorly trained sales people can ruin an experience, but on the other hand a great seller can give one the advice they need to make good decisions (and still turn a buck for their company).

A great seller is also one that can convince you to buy something you don't want :/

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 39 15.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 77 30.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 50 19.8%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 17 6.7%