1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I over-spent

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CoolNickname, Jan 5, 2013.

1. tben

tben Senior member

Why? Teachers have to be versed and semi-skilled in all subject areas. Every teacher needs to know how to properly write.

IMO, any of the shoes you posted are appropriate. It is more important to be comfortable while on your feet, especially since you will be walking around a classroom for the entirety of the day... Unless you plan on teaching from or sitting on top of your desk.

2. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

But no one should be expected to be immune from typo. Now if he actually believed that were proper...whole other issue. Reading a book about American history books...just goes to emphasize how important teacher involvement is. And while I'd never homeschool my kids....they will be getting some pretty serious after school sessions with Ms. Claghorn and me to undo some of the damage.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. CoolNickname

CoolNickname Well-Known Member

I knew my grammar would be under a microscope by mentioning my occupation, but using the incorrect article was a typo. For what it's worth, I teach mathematics. Obviously, my grammar is not as refined as most on here, however, I would like to focus on improving my style for the purposes of this forum. I appreciate everyones advice so far.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  4. tben

tben Senior member

I agree, which is why I referred to my comment as petty. I just thought it was funny, and this is a internet forum after all. Though, some teachers are terrible.

1 person likes this.
  5. CoolNickname

Would all the above shoes be considered RTW? I assume it means ready to wear?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  6. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

The Santoni's and To Boots are not worth $300+. Return or eBay them.

Then call up the AE Shoe Bank and order a bunch of seconds. Should run you about $175 each :D Good starter shoes if you're on a budget.

1 person likes this.
  7. CoolNickname

Thank you....I will look into that.

8. CoolNickname

I bought all of them, however, I've worn only the kenneth cole which I purchased more than a month ago. The rest can be returned. I'm an elementary school teacher.

9. CoolNickname

I'm not allowed to wear jeans so I wear wool trousers during the colder months. I need to purchase khakis that fit me better.

10. CoolNickname

Will they go with black jeans which I wear at night? I do not own dressy jeans in blue. Will the shoes in burgundy or a darker brown be more versatile with what I own?

11. CoolNickname

I apologize for the multiple posts. I tried the multi function, but it did not work for me. Other than a previous post, my posts have been put on hold for hours. Up until now, it was difficult for me to respond to others.

12. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Look at the Kenneth Cole's one last time, shake your head and burn them. Buy suede chukka's.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    2 people like this.
  13. benny

benny Well-Known Member

I agree with keeping more brown shoes (and its variation) that just plain blacks. You can pair browns with grey trousers, or navy suits.

1 person likes this.
  14. CoolNickname

After trying out nicer shoes, I now dislike my Kenneth Cole's. I will have to wear them until I can get a replacement. I'll look into chukkas. Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  15. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

That's pretty much what happened to most of us I'd wager :) Welcome to the club!

1 person likes this.
  16. eluther

eluther Senior member

I'm sure you own a pair of sneakers. Wear those with your black jeans at night unless you're wearing a DRESS shirt or a sport coat.

And by dress shirt I do not mean collared shirt with buttons at the cuff. You can wear an oxford with black jeans and sneakers, but a French front spread collar no-pocket hard finish shirt's going to look like shit.

1 person likes this.
  17. matt1

matt1 Well-Known Member

Go for the brown AE's since you already have black and grey.

1 person likes this.
  18. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

The AE Clifton is my favorite from your list. Check allenedmonds.com . They have some great deals right now.

1 person likes this.
  19. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Burgundy shoes can go with black jeans. Almost certainly not solid brown shoes.

1 person likes this.