• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need you're advice!

Erickus32

Reaction score
Hello..

I found a great website to buy Hugo Boss and Armani suits. I am wondering if anyone here knows about it? It is called bluefly.

Now if someone know's that site tell me about it please. Like are they serious? Are they trusworthy?

Cause, i am seriously considering buying an Armani suit from them, so if they are not good i would like to know before i buy the suit.

i thank you in advance for you're cooperation.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't worry about buying from them, you won't have any problems if you need to return the suit if you don't like it or it doesn't fit properly.

That said, when you get it, make sure you really like it and it fits well. If not return it. Don't settle for a suit that doesn't quite fit right just because you got it at less than retail.

You might also want to read up on their policies before you order although I doubt there's anything you'd object to.

ulf

Reaction score
That said, when you get it, make sure you really like it and it fits well. If not return it. Don't settle for a suit that doesn't quite fit right just because you got it at less than retail.
I've made this mistake myself in the past, it's all too easy to rationalise your decisions when you find something which is really cheap and/or isn't available in your regular size. You *will* feel annoyed every time you wear the stuff...

Don't do it, unless you can have it altered.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Back before I really got in to clothes I used to do that kind of thing all the time. Consequently I had tons of stuff that didn't fit too well. I used to rush through my shopping and not take the time to look at it from all angles.

The last thing I did this on was the overcoat I bought last year. Now that I've noticed the problem (kinda sloppy in the back), I can try and have it altered. However, if that doesn't work I'm gonna have to buy a new one, cause now that I know about the problem, it really bugs me heh.

ulf

Reaction score
Speaking of websites, have you checked out http://www.yoox.com ? The layout is easy to navigate and pretty non-cluttered. It seems like they're about to provide their services to the US sometime soon. They have items from Prada, Armani, Gucci, Fendi, Costume National, Helmut Lang, Valentino, Paul Smith, Hugo Boss etc, etc. The vintage section is also quite amazing.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ulf I hope that site opens soon. I'm tired of the rest of the world having access and not us. :>)

MikeF

Reaction score
I am a beta tester for the US yoox site. Lots of stock, and the prices are good, but nothing spectacular. If you're looking for steals, stick with Bluefly's clearance section.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is it just me or do some of the "men's" suits seem a bit more like women's suits heh?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GQgeek......ahem....what size would that topcoat happen to be that you are considering getting rid of?
confused.gif
?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MikeF,

Do you know when the US site is set to open? There are a couple of last F/W pieces from Miu Miu and Helmut Lang that I'd really like to get, but everytime I try to access the site, I get that annoying "be here soon" pop up. Also, you may want to tell the testers that the site does not accept hyphens in the email address (befoe the @). I've got firsthand experience with that problem.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a size 40 but I doubt I'd sell it. I'd probably give it to my dad since he could use a new coat and he's getting cheap in his old age (he stopped buying really nice clothes about 5 yrs ago heh). It would fit him perfectly and I'm sure this is one instance where he'd appreciate my extravagance
tounge.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads