1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

i need to buy brown shoes !

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigant2984, Nov 16, 2012.

1. bigant2984

bigant2984 Member

my engagement party is coming up, i have started my search for a nice pair of brown shoes but there a many different shades, what do you guys think, should i go with a nice dark brown or should i do something that is a lighter shade, i personally like the lighter shades, but will i get more use out of a traditional brown shoe, any input would be great !

2. hugeevilrobot

hugeevilrobot Well-Known Member

Given the wealth of context you've provided us with, I'm going to just go ahead and assume you are likely a wealthy playboy with a penchant for spear fishing in the south pacific and a personal jet. I'd suggest harpooning a stingray and seeing if edward green can do an MTO galway boot with the hides. They will likely oblige for the right price.

(non-sarcastic reply- maybe a bit of context regarding what else you are wearing, the price range, and the venue/ where else you'd be wearing them would help us guide you in the right direction)

3. bigant2984

bigant2984 Member

haha, well ill be wearing them with a navy suit, and to any formal event, if what i am wearing requires brown shoes !

4. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

?

5. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

6. bigant2984

bigant2984 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sorry about the poor quality pics !

7. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

"Formal" event requires black shoes. The shoes you posted are not appropriate. They are bluchers.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  8. streetlight

streetlight Well-Known Member

9. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I like the "bourbon" shade of Allen Edmonds. Take a look at them.