I need some quick help!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by catlettsl, Jan 17, 2013.

1. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

I would like to build my dressier wardrobe. I have scanned thru many threads and I understand that I Dont have to spend top dollar to look nice however I am over whelmed with all the info on the site. Please make specific suggestions on where I should start and how. I live in Wash., DC so I have access to some decent shopping. Currently I have some nice sporty attire but I want to step my game up in the dressier side of fashion. I have a pair of walnut Cole Haan wingtips that I wear with pants or jeans and although they aren't the best quality the serve what I need because I Dont have to dress up for work. I also have a nice pair of TBNY suede loafers and chocolate Ferragamo drivers. I have a nice pair of black Bally loafers also and brown Prada loafers.

I want a pair of nice black shoes and brown shoes (oxfords) to near with suits and pants. Was thinking TBNY or some Allen Edmonds from Notes Rack or a PR of seconds. But from there what should I buy next: suits, slacks, shirts.

If you could give me some advice of where to start and brands that would be great. I'm sure the info exist in these threads but I just Dont have the time to search thru all the threads looking for the solutions.

Suit recommendations

Shirt recommendations

Shoes

Pants

I Dont have a whole lot of money to spend but I can but the mid tier stuff ie 300 shoes, 100 pants etc.

Thanks in advance and I hope this is an appropriate post. I just dont wanna run the Banana republic an look like ass.

2. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

Thx

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

3. TiberiasUSA

TiberiasUSA Senior member

Dc's a big city so you should have access to majority of the large shops.

I'd recommend checking out Brooks Brothers, that's usually a safe go to place to start for suits, also Ralph Lauren.

i'll let others chime in on other places as I haven't been to DC in a long time

4. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How does this jacket fit??

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2