• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need help looking for pants

HanSoo417

Reaction score
So I wear about a 28 waist when it comes to dress pants or even nice slacks. Sad thing is there's no stores in the mall that sell pants with that small of a waist. most only go down to 30. Should I start shopping in the kids section? I find that the quality of the clothing in the kids section is just not as good. Where can i find some good slacks with a small waist that won't empty out my wallet.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe you can buy the smallest size you can find and get the waist taken in

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Altering down from a 30 to a 28 is not ideal, but it won't be too bad either. With any good pair of pants you will most likely need to have the waist/seat and the hems altered to some degree by a tailor anyway, so get the smallest you can find and take it in.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HanSoo417
So I wear about a 28 waist when it comes to dress pants or even nice slacks. Sad thing is there's no stores in the mall that sell pants with that small of a waist. most only go down to 30. Should I start shopping in the kids section? I find that the quality of the clothing in the kids section is just not as good. Where can i find some good slacks with a small waist that won't empty out my wallet.

Lands End Custom 100% wool pants for $99... seem pretty cool, as you can choose inseam, material, pocket style, etc. Quality shouldn't be too bad.
http://www.landsend.com/pp/CustomYea...19217493174090

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That probably is the best mainstream option, especially if you consider that Land's End has a few cheaper dressy Custom options.

J. Crew and Banana Republic carry some size 29 pants, at least online, if you're willing to spend the $15+ at a local tailor.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Banana Republic chino, new with tag, that I won on eBay for ~$10 just came in today. Apparently they carry size 28, and as for the pants, they're servicable, albeit nothing to backflip over (a bit fuller in the seat and higher rise than ideal).
Alternatively, you can search the boys' section of Polo RL. Look for size 18, but try them on first though.

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
The Banana Republic chino, new with tag, that I won on eBay for ~$10 just came in today. Apparently they carry size 28, and as for the pants, they're servicable, albeit nothing to backflip over (a bit fuller in the seat and higher rise than ideal).
Alternatively, you can search the boys' section of Polo RL. Look for size 18, but try them on first though.

I don't think BR currently carries anything below a 29 waist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads