• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need glasses -- What looks professional?

TheDiesel

Reaction score
I need a pair of glasses, so I need something professional to maintain my business look. Frame types? Brands? Thanks.

bigstar[1].gif

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Paul Smiths similar to these but in Tortoise Shell and with thinner stems. They garner more compliments and inquiries among the professionals than any glasses I've worn.

r7ur-paul-ps418s-sbl-15246.jpg

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Oliver People "Riley" frames, and choose those more often on a daily basis than my vintage Cutler & Gross frames.

AdamInSF

Reaction score
I have these (color 820 on that page) and get compliments on them. Unless you're in a very conservatively-dressing business, you'd have to get something pretty wild for nearly any style to look "unprofessional."

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Anything, as long as it's worn with a rep tie, white dress shirt, brown tweed jacket, grey pants and brown wingtips.

jjjohn

Reaction score
find a frame which is fit your face shape.

jyook

Reaction score
IC Berlins are great... I'm really into Lindberg myself... I have two pairs of "Strip Titanium" 5000 Series and I love them... I also like 2.5 Eyephorics and Mykita... Out of the four, I prefer Lindberg...

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I have Paul Smiths similar to these but in Tortoise Shell and with thinner stems. They garner more compliments and inquiries among the professionals than any glasses I've worn.

Hideous in any colour. The affectation they exude is palpable. They may be remarked upon, but they're anything but flattering.

Originally Posted by idfnl
I have 2 pairs of zegnas, one is a tortiose shell, the other thick black frames, they both look professional...

http://www.bestbuyeyeglasses.com/img...p?0a443054.jpg

Those are quite nice, although I think bigger frames are coming back in this year. Maybe something with no frame on the bottom would be a bit more future-proof...

Night Owl

Reaction score

Professional clowns?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Hideous in any colour. The affectation they exude is palpable. They may be remarked upon, but they're anything but flattering.

Those are quite nice, although I think bigger frames are coming back in this year. Maybe something with no frame on the bottom would be a bit more future-proof...

You have no idea what you are takling about. I'm sure there's a blue blazer, charcoal slacks, and a rep tie waiting for you in aisle 5.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Whenever I see glasses like this (they're often in stores as a gag gift because they're so costume-y) I like to put them on and do my Mickey-Rooney-as-the-spectacularly-offensive-Japanese-landlord-in-Breakfast-at-Tiffany's routine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads