• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I need glasses -- What looks professional?

TheDiesel

Reaction score
I need a pair of glasses, so I need something professional to maintain my business look. Frame types? Brands? Thanks.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Paul Smiths similar to these but in Tortoise Shell and with thinner stems. They garner more compliments and inquiries among the professionals than any glasses I've worn.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Oliver People "Riley" frames, and choose those more often on a daily basis than my vintage Cutler & Gross frames.

AdamInSF

Reaction score
I have these (color 820 on that page) and get compliments on them. Unless you're in a very conservatively-dressing business, you'd have to get something pretty wild for nearly any style to look "unprofessional."

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Anything, as long as it's worn with a rep tie, white dress shirt, brown tweed jacket, grey pants and brown wingtips.

jjjohn

Reaction score
find a frame which is fit your face shape.

jyook

Reaction score
IC Berlins are great... I'm really into Lindberg myself... I have two pairs of "Strip Titanium" 5000 Series and I love them... I also like 2.5 Eyephorics and Mykita... Out of the four, I prefer Lindberg...

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I have Paul Smiths similar to these but in Tortoise Shell and with thinner stems. They garner more compliments and inquiries among the professionals than any glasses I've worn.

Hideous in any colour. The affectation they exude is palpable. They may be remarked upon, but they're anything but flattering.

Originally Posted by idfnl
I have 2 pairs of zegnas, one is a tortiose shell, the other thick black frames, they both look professional...

http://www.bestbuyeyeglasses.com/img...p?0a443054.jpg

Those are quite nice, although I think bigger frames are coming back in this year. Maybe something with no frame on the bottom would be a bit more future-proof...

Night Owl

Reaction score

Professional clowns?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Hideous in any colour. The affectation they exude is palpable. They may be remarked upon, but they're anything but flattering.

Those are quite nice, although I think bigger frames are coming back in this year. Maybe something with no frame on the bottom would be a bit more future-proof...

You have no idea what you are takling about. I'm sure there's a blue blazer, charcoal slacks, and a rep tie waiting for you in aisle 5.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Whenever I see glasses like this (they're often in stores as a gag gift because they're so costume-y) I like to put them on and do my Mickey-Rooney-as-the-spectacularly-offensive-Japanese-landlord-in-Breakfast-at-Tiffany's routine.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40