1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

I need advice on how to snag a lady.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Connemara, Jul 15, 2007.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

She texted me this morning:

"Let's hang out tonight!"

How should I act if we do indeed end up hanging out? Presumably we'll be getting sloshed, so would this be a good time to ask her on a date?

(1) no need to ask her on a date. If you hang out with her one on one tonight, then it is a date
    (2) why would you get sloshed? That's stupid. You should stay in control and let her get drunk (only if she wants to, of course...)

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

How should I act if we do indeed end up hanging out? Presumably we'll be getting sloshed, so would this be a good time to ask her on a date?

When getting sloshed is not the time to ask her on a date. Why not call or text her back and say something like "Great, why don't we [insert some activity that gets you some time with her not in a crowded public place and doesn't involve getting shitfaced]"?

3. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

(1) no need to ask her on a date. If you hang out with her one on one tonight, then it is a date

I'm not so sure. Conne already shut the door on that with "I know you don't feel the same way", plus I did the "non-threatening male friend" thing for a while in high school--once they're sure you've been properly gelded, IME most women consider anything they'd do with their female friends (since you basically are one) to be a "non-date" activity. At this point it's conceivable that she could take her top off and ask him to give her a back rub and still think she's doing something perfectly innocent.

4. gdl203

I'm very much against asking someone formally on a date when you are on a 1x1 interaction already. To me, if this girl is hanging out with him 1x1 after the sms love letter, then it means it's up to Conne to make/transform this evening into a "date" and maybe (finally) to try a couple of moves (body language, not another love declaration please). IMO no need to ask if it is happening naturally.

5. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

I'm very much against asking someone formally on a date when you are on a 1x1 interaction already. To me, if this girl is hanging out with him 1x1 after the sms love letter, then it means it's up to Conne to make/transform this evening into a "date" and maybe (finally) to try a couple of moves (body language, not another love declaration please). IMO no need to ask if it is happening naturally.

Very true. I just don't want the poor guy to think that the fact that they're spending time together one-on-one somehow automatically means that there's an opportunity for romance.

6. gdl203

At this point it's conceivable that she could take her top off and ask him to give her a back rub and still think she's doing something perfectly innocent.
    How can that be true now that she know how he feels about her? No way

7. Alter

Alter Senior member

Text her back: Does "hanging out" involve having sex together?

Her reply should be telling.

8. WSW

WSW Senior member

I say Connie goes on this "date" with her, and allows us to give him minute by minute instructions as to what to do. He can bring a little blackberry and update us on what's going on and we can give him directions. It could be a collective Styleforum date! I think with all the Romeos on the forum, we can at least get him a nibble of the good stuff.

9. gdl203

Text her back: Does "hanging out" involve having sex together?

Her reply should be telling.

what a terrible piece of advice...

10. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I say Connie goes on this "date" with her, and allows us to give him minute by minute instructions as to what to do. He can bring a little blackberry and update us on what's going on and we can give him directions. It could be a collective Styleforum date! I think with all the Romeos on the forum, we can at least get him a nibble of the good stuff.
    Of all, I would think would work best, the suggestions from Astoria.

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Tell her you already have plans tonight. I don't think being available on a moment's notice is helping your cause.

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Said blackberry should have a camera so... we can evaluate body language. Or the rest of the room, should Connie need to bail.

13. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

I think the only answer here is to get sloshed with her tonight and drunkenly try and grope and make out with her.

Really, though, the only sure way to get a girl is to let her known you're in the room then act like you don't want her. Fucking women are like cats, man.

14. Alter

Alter Senior member

what a terrible piece of advice...

Why?

15. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

How can that be true now that she know how he feels about her? No way

From personal experience, I can say that it is completely possible, at least with some women. I made the mistake of doing the whole "I know you don't like me, but I have a huge crush on you" thing once, in high school, and it was an unmitigated disaster. You are basically gelding yourself right in front of her.