• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Need Advice On How To Dress To Clubs, Please Help =)

Lax28

Reaction score
I am 16 years old and live in Miami Beach, Florida. Although I am too young to be clubbing, my parents are very friendly with the major club owners and will allow me to go whenever I please. I dont know if anybody here is familiar with the clubs in South Beach but the good ones are Mansion and Liv, and they are High Class but still have that Miami "flash" to them. Lately ive been shopping up a storm in anticipaction of clubbing, but have yet to find a cool, aggresive, and urban pair of shoes and shirts. I would greatly appreciate advice on some nice sneakers and shirts to wear. Thanks =)

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0AZrL.jpg

Rincon

Reaction score
If you're planning on wearing a louis vuitton belt this is prob the wrong forum...

NiceGuyTom

Reaction score
You're just brushing up against internet cynicism atm... Don't sweat it. IMO these forums tend to be a bit more oriented to day to day wear and clothing quality. Club wear tends to be more trendy, not generally as great a quality in terms of wear etc, and over priced.

Here's my general advice which may be a bit dated as a family man now ( 8 year streak as a DJ in San Fran / Producer / Audio Engineer ):

1) Confidence / attitude is better than anything else so wear something you still feel like yourself in

2) You're young so stay away from dress shoes... Boots are probably too hot for Florida. Roll classic sneakers ala Onitsuka Tiger's or Chuck Taylors.

3) Get a nice pair of dark jeans... This forum has tons of good advice on that department. I like Naked and Famous for the raw jeans department. However, since I wear dress shirts tucked in all the time, I have regular jeans to prevent bleeding onto the shirts. Just find a pair of Straight or Slim cuts. Stay away from Boot cut or skinny if you want the jeans to stay in fashion over their lifespan.

Do people wear dress shirts to these clubs? From the top up dress accordingly to the venue. In all honesty a trendy Boss buttoned up shirt would be hard to go wrong with for this type of situation.

Flame away
fight[1].gif

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
go into a club, look what everyone else is wearing, and wear the opposite.

Lax28

Reaction score
I was literally not expecting to get a single constructive answer, very much appreciated =) I just bought a Boss shirt last weekend and it was pretty cool, looking for a good pair of jeans now

You're just brushing up against internet cynicism atm... Don't sweat it. IMO these forums tend to be a bit more oriented to day to day wear and clothing quality. Club wear tends to be more trendy, not generally as great a quality in terms of wear etc, and over priced.

Here's my general advice which may be a bit dated as a family man now ( 8 year streak as a DJ in San Fran / Producer / Audio Engineer ):

1) Confidence / attitude is better than anything else so wear something you still feel like yourself in

2) You're young so stay away from dress shoes... Boots are probably too hot for Florida. Roll classic sneakers ala Onitsuka Tiger's or Chuck Taylors.

3) Get a nice pair of dark jeans... This forum has tons of good advice on that department. I like Naked and Famous for the raw jeans department. However, since I wear dress shirts tucked in all the time, I have regular jeans to prevent bleeding onto the shirts. Just find a pair of Straight or Slim cuts. Stay away from Boot cut or skinny if you want the jeans to stay in fashion over their lifespan.

Do people wear dress shirts to these clubs? From the top up dress accordingly to the venue. In all honesty a trendy Boss buttoned up shirt would be hard to go wrong with for this type of situation.

Flame away
fight[1].gif

Superfluous Man

Reaction score
op was a level and surely some of the responses were levels as well. just dress like a laxxxxxxbro

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wearing dick gets ********* wet

NOT,

PAINNNNNNNNNNN

Alphataru

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I never wear anything expensive to a club.

It's an environment were people WILL step on your shoes, pour alchohol on your leather jacket, and burn cigarett holes in your shirt. Not to mention it's hell to get the smell of smoke out of your clothes.

Wear a cheap shirt from Uniqlo, pair of jeans and sneakers. Nobody can tell, trust me.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i use to think that way, but you're exaggerating. Even though yah your shoes are gonna get stepped on, its not killing your shoes, especially if its just sneakers. I like mine beat up, though.

However, I am an ashtray myself. Never had an alcoholic drink spilled on me, water yes...but who cares about that.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads