I need a new pair of boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Arethusa, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

With the return of the 50% off sale at CT, I'm considering the chelseas or the chukkas (thought about the jodhpurs, but the price is a bit much for me right now; 150 is around my ceiling) in either leather or suede. Suede's probably a bad idea considering how hard it is to care for, but I'm not sure. Also considering a pair of Clarks desert boots in brown, but I can't seem to find them anywhere, and I'm a little worried about longevity with crepe soles. I'm open to other ideas, of course, so feel free to suggest anything.

2. ts4them

ts4them Senior member

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

What is CT [​IMG] ?

Charles Tyrwitt, and English maker, mostly dress shirts, but they also carry boots and shoes made by Loake, among other things. Stuff is always on sale. Wait, here's a link:

www.ctshirts.com/~block/

4. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

The Jodphurs outshine the Chukkas and the Chelseas. A shame it is not in the running. Makes it hard to look at anything else on the page. My second choice would be the Military Calf Leather Grainy Leather Boots, but they are the same price. I am totally split on the Chukka/Chelsea issue. I am no help, huh? I would not get Clarks at full price if you can get these at 50% off, though I share your interest in the Desert Boots. Good luck! [​IMG]

5. WatchGuy

WatchGuy Senior member

Allen Edmonds has some nice new chukkas and chelseas if that's what you are looking for.

6. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

if you wear a 9 or 9 1/2 i have a pair of gently worn clarks desert boots that id let you have... a touch to small for me.

7. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Hrm... I only see 25% off?

8. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior member

My housemate's friend had a pair of these on last night, I thought they looked pretty good, but I like the grey desert boots better. I think I am going to have to pick up a pair of CT Chelseas soon. Does anyone know if the 50% off is website only, or does the store have the same deal? I guess I'll just go to try them on anyway and ask them.

9. denimdestroyedmylife

The beeswax Treks are the BUSINESS! I've got 'em in brown suede-----the same pair has lasted me three years. They keep getting better. I'm wearing black suede Wallabees at the moment. I wish they made full-body models for me to nestle into for a good smothering to death. [​IMG]

10. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

yeah... i have the brown seude too, but need the beeswax... wonderful shoes(that i dont wear enough)

there is something about crepe soles that makes me weak... if i see any in my size i buy. its worked pretty well so far... as ive found not only clarks, but vintage gokey boots and a pair of AE leeds both with crepe resoles.

11. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior member

i just noticed these:[​IMG]might have to pick them up for the spring. They look like an interesting alternative to Vans

Edit: maybe not, $190!

12. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

Holy god man.......those look like they are made from carbon fiber and rope......[​IMG]

13. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

if you wear a 9 or 9 1/2 i have a pair of gently worn clarks desert boots that id let you have... a touch to small for me.
    Whoah, weird. I do wear a 9.5. Oddly enough, I've had trouble finding brown Desert Boots anywhere; were they discontinued, or something? Also, should I be worried about crepe soles not being durable? Judging by some of the comments in this thread, it seems I may have the wrong idea about them, but they never seemed that tough to me.
    The Jodphurs outshine the Chukkas and the Chelseas. A shame it is not in the running. Makes it hard to look at anything else on the page.
    Hm. I suppose I may reconsider, but $200's a bit much for me right now. What's so special about the jodhpurs?
    Hrm... I only see 25% off?
    http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/pine
    Holy god man.......those look like they are made from carbon fiber and rope......[​IMG]
    Makes 'em go faster. Could use a wing, though.

14. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

ive had clarks last me many years. the soles are more durable than you would think.

if you want the clarks, pm me.... i got them cheap and can let them go cheap. they are the light sand color.

15. denimdestroyedmylife

I dunno, the Jodhpurs are just ultra-sexy to me. Maybe it is due to a recent exposure to an equestrian-themed Madonna concert. [​IMG]