• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need a new chocolate source...

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that has product available online. I am mostly interested in truffles/gift sets. The nicest stuff available to me locally is Godiva, which I like, despite its rep here, but I want to try something new.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Teuscher, but it's rather dear.

goodlife

Reaction score
Vosges. They are based in Chicago, but have shops in NY and Vegas. Self described as Haute Chocolate, they seem a little bizare when you first look at the ingrediants. However, they totally make sense when you taste them. I like them because they are a little out of the ordinary.

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of Vosges but I would certainly prefer them to Godiva. When I tasted Vosges a couple of years ago the flavors were certainly interesting, but they lacked balance, the chocolate shell was too thick and were not very fresh. Freshness being very important, I prefer Kee's Chocolates and Maison du Chocolat when looking for "French" type chocolates (less sweet, more intense chocolate ganache). If you like "Belgian/American" type chocolates (sweeter, less intense chocolate flavors, more fruit driven fillings) you should try Pierre Marcolini and Jacques Torres. All have stores in NYC.

samblau

Reaction score
I went to Michel Cluizel in ABC Home on 18th St. near Union Sq. I dropped about $200 buying gifts which I was told were very good...what I remember most is being the only customer and kidding around with the one sales girl "hey, any samples" to which I was issued a stern "NO" right after she got me to sign up for their mailing list.

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thomas.336

Reaction score
I got just an incredible birthday gourmet chocolate gift baskets present! A friend of mine sent it to me via mail and i was sooo excied that i ask him where he got that from and I am for sure doing that for Christmas for some friends outside the US.
You should try that too it is just fantastic and such a great idea!

syn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
Freshness being very important, I prefer Kee's Chocolates

Have to agree with Dmax. Kee's is easily the best that I've had in the city. I went there on Valentine's Day and waited for quite some time to nab their goods. My girlfriend absolutely devoured them, but I did get to steal a few. Couldn't resist.

JP Tod

Reaction score
Chocolate Moderne (http://www.chocolatmoderne.com/), also located in NYC, is quite good. They do the usual truffles, etc., but they also do these "bistro bars" with amazing fillings:

Hazelnut HystÃ
00a9.png
rie ~ deeply roasted hazelnut paste with milk chocolate

Parlzez Pistache ~ toasted pistachio paste with white chocolate

Sesame Samba ~ toasted sesame paste with milk chocolate

Pumpkin Pique-Nique ~ toasted pumpkin seed paste, milk chocolate and pumpkin pie spices

La Dolce Grapefruit ~ with fresh squeezed grapefruit

Banane FlambÃ
00a9.png
e ~ with bananas and Courvoisier Cognac

Apricôte Bask ~ with apricots and Bas Armagnac

Caramel Caresse ~ with Poire Williams Pear and Eau de Vie

Madame 'X'tasy ~ with dark chocolate, Illy Espresso, and fleur de sel

Havana Heat ~ dark chocolate with habanero pepper (pleasantly hot)

Raspberry Rendez-vous ~ dark chocolate with raspberries

The Player ~ dark chocolate with Single Malt Scotch

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apparently you can now get axe body spray in chocolate. Enjoy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads