1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I must have this painting! [aka can you ID it please]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by likeitaloud, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Buy one of the art books but even with good resolution your scans will look like crap if you want a printout that size.

2. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

He's always struck me as looking slightly retarded.

You don't like the pout? It is sort of Jersey Guido pout , but with hair glued to forhead.

3. unjung

unjung Senior member

Not encouraging this, since the work is still under copyright, but here's what I would do if the piece were not under copyright (and I have researched this for drawings from 19th century and prior).

1. Identify image source;
    2. Find high-resolution print in a book OR find original painting and take a high-res photo head-on;
    3. Clean up in Photoshop (contrast, reduce any pixelation, etc.) and produce high-res raster output (200-300 dpi, at desired scale);
    4. Find a printer who can do "giclÃ[​IMG]e" prints;
    5. Have print framed.

You're looking at a few hundred bucks.

4. likeitaloud

likeitaloud Senior member

Are you f'ing kidding me?

And you want to get into an Ivy law school?

Wow seriously stop using YOUR lack of knowledge to insult me. There are realistic options to enlarge it, surely it would not be perfect but with a few after effects and cleaning it is possible.

5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

6. KBW

KBW Senior member

Why are people bashing likeitaloud? He is 17 or 18 years old you can't expect him to know everything about art.

Also I think it is pretty neat that the painter of this painting is going to appear on the show and has actually had 4 of his paintings on the show already with 2 of them being officially unveiled on the show.

7. likeitaloud

likeitaloud Senior member

Did anyone ever order a poster print from Walmart? I think this is actually appropriate as a "printed poster" because of the style and the theme.

Where else can you get a decent poster printed? I live in Canada btw.

Thanks

8. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

funny I thought that was Rachel Zoe.

9. unjung

unjung Senior member