1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I miss the eg pics on dressy.net

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lynch Bages, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Lynch Bages

Lynch Bages Active Member

It is too bad that dressy.net decided to remove the EG photos as I miss having a single source of so many EG photos. The yahoo auction site for Japan is not the same.

I would imagine that if the members of this site got together and posted photos of their EG shoe collections, it would be a pretty impressive catalog in and of itself.

I, myself, do not own a digital camera (I know I need to get one).

Could I persuade anyone to post their EG collections with a descriptor of the particular model, last and color? If everyone on the site were to do so, imagine how many photos there would be. Very impressive indeed . . .

2. tjmaglio

tjmaglio Active Member

Nothing was saved in the google cache either. I guess it just goes to show you that it's worth your while to mirror sites you feel have useful content - especially when they're mentioned in the NYT and grind to a halt shortly thereafter [​IMG]

3. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

This thread has some pictures of my Stowes. What I'd like to see, and what has been suggested to Tony Graziano at Edward Green that EG put up on their website a more complete catalogue of styles in the EG archives. I suspect that they have a lot more patterns than any of us realize, and it would be wonderful to know what they are. It would also be a boon to EG's stock special business.

4. Lynch Bages

Speaking of unusual EG styles, is anyone familiar with the Newbury model?

5. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

"Newbury" is a whole cut - one single piece of leather forms the shoe; there are no seams, apart from the back seam.

6. Kaga

Kaga Senior member

If my memory serves me correctly, this model is sold by Ralph Lauren Purple Label as the Montford. I believe that Andrew Harris did some wonderful antiquing on his model (q.v.)

7. jester

jester Senior member

That sounds great--I have an Allen Edmonds pair like that, and I love them but they're almost too worn to wear any more. Last I checked they had stopped making them; I'll look at the EG.

8. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Sounds like time for an Allen Edmonds RecraftingÂ[​IMG].

9. Lynch Bages

Does the Newbury have broguing on the toe or is that a special option?

10. Kaga

Kaga Senior member

IMMSMC (If my memory serves me correctly) the broguing is standard. There are good pictures of Newburys at a Japanese shop website called Ed Jones.

11. jester

jester Senior member

Hey, I'd love to get a Recrafting. But it's not just worn soles, it's leather that's cracking all around.

I treated them well, but I wore them pretty hard. <snif>