• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I miss spinach

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone else miss spinach? I never quite noticed it before the ban, but I eat quite a bit of spinach... and now I miss it. Salads, sides, garnishes. Some of my favorite dishes at my favorite restaurants even seemed to use spinach. I've read that many restaurants are substituting arugula, chard, etc. Somehow, it's just not the same.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. I loved spinach and rice, too.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is for sale again. just cooked some the other day. as long it is not from several counties in cali, you are ok.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, if you're still stuck without, go find an Asian market and buy Chinese broccoli. It's really great stuff. Not a substitute really, but another great green vegetable with tons of nutrients. Fry it up in a hot pan with a bit of oil then add some water and cover to steam it till done. Top with oyster sauce.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Hey, if you're still stuck without, go find an Asian market and buy Chinese broccoli. It's really great stuff. Not a substitute really, but another great green vegetable with tons of nutrients. Fry it up in a hot pan with a bit of oil then add some water and cover to steam it till done. Top with oyster sauce.

What is the difference between this and regular broccoli you would find in a standard grocery store?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
A ban on spinach? WTF?

E Coli bacteria outbreak on raw spinach.

Perhaps a terrorist plot. "Hey Ahmed, I am sick of flying planes into stuff. Lets contaminate their vegetables and give these U-S-and-A bastards the *****!"

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
What is the difference between this and regular broccoli you would find in a standard grocery store?
It's hard to explain what it is, but it's in between broccoli, asparagus, and spinach, sort of. A member of the mustard family.

chinesebroccolioystersauce.jpg

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
E Coli bacteria outbreak on raw spinach.

Perhaps a terrorist plot. "Hey Ahmed, I am sick of flying planes into stuff. Lets contaminate their vegetables and give these U-S-and-A bastards the *****!"

"This 'Popeye' constitutes a grave threat to Islam. We must poison his source of power!"

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Chinese broccoli is great! Thanks for the reminder. I like that and bok choy. I typically like all the cruciferous veggies. I suppose it's a good time to sample all these other greens.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, Gai Lan.

Make sure you get fresh ones. When they get stale, the stalks turn bitter.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I do what I can.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chinese brocoli,or Kai Lan as my grandmother calls it, is even better when fried with whole shitake mushrooms, sliced carrots, scallops and dried shrimp.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads