• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 2: MTM Shirts courtesy of Drinkwaters

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 1st auction of the year is for a Goodies from No Man Walks Alone. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I miss spinach

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone else miss spinach? I never quite noticed it before the ban, but I eat quite a bit of spinach... and now I miss it. Salads, sides, garnishes. Some of my favorite dishes at my favorite restaurants even seemed to use spinach. I've read that many restaurants are substituting arugula, chard, etc. Somehow, it's just not the same.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. I loved spinach and rice, too.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is for sale again. just cooked some the other day. as long it is not from several counties in cali, you are ok.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, if you're still stuck without, go find an Asian market and buy Chinese broccoli. It's really great stuff. Not a substitute really, but another great green vegetable with tons of nutrients. Fry it up in a hot pan with a bit of oil then add some water and cover to steam it till done. Top with oyster sauce.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Hey, if you're still stuck without, go find an Asian market and buy Chinese broccoli. It's really great stuff. Not a substitute really, but another great green vegetable with tons of nutrients. Fry it up in a hot pan with a bit of oil then add some water and cover to steam it till done. Top with oyster sauce.

What is the difference between this and regular broccoli you would find in a standard grocery store?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
A ban on spinach? WTF?

E Coli bacteria outbreak on raw spinach.

Perhaps a terrorist plot. "Hey Ahmed, I am sick of flying planes into stuff. Lets contaminate their vegetables and give these U-S-and-A bastards the shits!"

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
What is the difference between this and regular broccoli you would find in a standard grocery store?
It's hard to explain what it is, but it's in between broccoli, asparagus, and spinach, sort of. A member of the mustard family.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
E Coli bacteria outbreak on raw spinach.

Perhaps a terrorist plot. "Hey Ahmed, I am sick of flying planes into stuff. Lets contaminate their vegetables and give these U-S-and-A bastards the shits!"

"This 'Popeye' constitutes a grave threat to Islam. We must poison his source of power!"

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Chinese broccoli is great! Thanks for the reminder. I like that and bok choy. I typically like all the cruciferous veggies. I suppose it's a good time to sample all these other greens.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, Gai Lan.

Make sure you get fresh ones. When they get stale, the stalks turn bitter.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I do what I can.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chinese brocoli,or Kai Lan as my grandmother calls it, is even better when fried with whole shitake mushrooms, sliced carrots, scallops and dried shrimp.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 115 15.7%
  • 31 - 40