I love this board

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mike C., Jun 24, 2004.

1. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

I love coming to the Style Forum not just because of the wealth of knowledge shared, but because of the different and interesting personalities that post here. From Marc39's bizzare diet advice to Kalra's speaking from a dais, it adds flavor and life to the board. It is the reason I click over every hour or so during work.

If people were here just to analize the intracacies of a Kiton suit or a Borrelli shirt, I doubt I'd spend as much time as I do here. It's great to have a member list from all over the world and have people from all walks of life posting their views.

Despite the recent bickering, I'd hope that everyone not take this forum too seriously, afterall, it's just a bunch of words on a screen by anonymous posters.

2. HRHAndrew

HRHAndrew Senior member

Did I miss some good fireworks recently?

3. quill

quill Senior member

On the contrary, for me it's been a breath of fresh air to come to a chatboard where people conduct themselves with fairness and compassion. Not that I spend my life on chatboards, but this one is definitely one of the most informative, rewarding, and enjoyable I 've had the good fortune to come across. Nice thought, Mike C. [​IMG]

4. Alias

Alias Senior member

You know what else I like about this board? Excellent moderation [​IMG] We've had one banning already, and I'm looking forward to seeing another.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Did you not get that Marc was a purposeful troll? Check out his picture?

6. quill

quill Senior member

Hey...do any of you guys visit the Ask Andy forum? Is it just me...or is that server INCREDIBLY slow? I like the topics, but I get very frustrated at the archaic, rusty-wheel mechanisms that barely crank out the pages. Anybody else notice that? This forum is like greased lightning; I love it. (And I love the fact that I finally got my haliaaetus leucocephalus - that's "bald eagle" - to show up on my avatar) [​IMG]

7. NavyStyles

NavyStyles Senior member

Loving the pic, Quill... err, uh, Screaming Eagle. I vote for it to stay -- no matter how you progress physically. HRHAndrew, You didn't miss too much. Just some bizarre stuff from marc39 or 37. His member picture post will explain it all.

8. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

It sort of reminds me of the days of 56k modems, though there are some really good topics over there. However, the board seems a bit stodgy. Most of the topics are on tailored clothing, not too much on progressive designers.

9. esquire.

esquire. Senior member

I'm confused. Who actually got banned from this forum. Are you talking about that creepy guy who was into guns. Or, are you talking about marc39.

marc39 is on the askandy site, and he's even setting up different accounts to bolster his opinions and attack other people on that site.

This site is definitely nicer than the askandy site. People on that site are starting to tell other members to leave.

10. Alias

Alias Senior member

Yeah, marc39 got banned from this forum. He didn't shut his flaming, trolling yap, and went so far to flame Steve B underneath another account (or at least, I think that was him hiding underneath another moniker.)

Also, marc39 does not equal marc37. marc39 was some dude with a huge mean streak. marc37 is a present member of the forum, loves shoes, and likes to post odd pictures of corpse fetuses.

11. quill

quill Senior member

What is it about "m's" and numbers? [​IMG]

12. esquire.

esquire. Senior member

I just checked out the modernman forum. I didn't like the design of it; there were too many different topics under the style forum. It seemed very 'gay', in the sense that all the topics I looked at had mentions of the posters being gay. I don't know if they actually were, or just trying to be funny by pretending they were. And, there didn't appear to be any real experts there either.

13. vero_group

vero_group Senior member

I've mentally quit this board a few times, but I do come back for the overall quality of the content posted by a few key members. I come back less often nowadays, mostly due to my work load reducing my surf time.

14. quill

quill Senior member

Isn't that the truth. It's amazing how addictive a board like this can be. I have to be careful not to linger too long and get too conversational, or I'd be here 8 hours a day.

15. jharrison

jharrison Senior member

It is rather fascinating how so many struggle to spend appropriate amounts of time in the forum. Some just have to leave it all together (our beloved pstoller, for example [​IMG] ). I'd be very interested to hear how members manage their time with the forum.