• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love khakis, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Whle the khaki pant has an honorable and glorious past in our country's history, there are some members of this forum (Communists like GetSmart) that despise khaki's in all it's forms. While I understand the hatred towards the typical middle America pleated khaki, and the droves of too long and too big Dockers worn by seemingly every office worker, for my money, there is no more versatile pant than the well cut cotton khaki. It easily goes from shirt/tie/jacket duty to sneaker/t shirt duty like no other pant. It can be worn year round. They can be incredibly expensive (Ricci's/Kiton go for $795) to incredibly inexpensive (incotex can be had for $70-$80, Jcrew can probably be had for $30 and I'm sure the H&M's of the world have even more inexpensive versions). There is just no other pant or garment that can serve the multitude of purposes that this pant does. The only issue that needs to be attended to is the fit/cut. Baggy posteriors, long inseams, really high rises etc lead to an awful fit and look. While I realize that not everyone can or wants to fit into slim pants, I would suggest that khaki's be as slim and as low rise as you can possibly stand it. I like mine with a bit of elastene in them as I find the little bit of stretch works wonderfully with them, but I also have a pair with cashmere which are just wonderful. I have 3 pairs of the same exact pant that I took pics of below. The fit is one that I really like, and I think the only thing that i would fix if I was going bespoke would be to take an inch or so off the knee (although they do not bulge out as much in real life), but I can live with how they look now. I think the rise is great, the tapering good and I like big cuffs.
Anyway, I wear these year round and even most of my wool pants are some sort of tan/brown shade, I find this color to be also probably the most versatile, followed by grey.

KIF_6519.jpg

KIF_6521.jpg

KIF_6520.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
This like writing a post to justify one's love of steak, or oral sex. I mean, who doesn't?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Badass Ed.
What kind are those pictured? You are right, the taper and the cuff is hot action!

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
This like writing a post to justify one's love of steak, or oral sex. I mean, who doesn't?

Or anti-Kiton threads.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't like them that slim, but if you like having your nuts crushed, that's cool.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate people who pluralize with apostraphes, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll also add people who think "it's" is the possessive form of "it"
Originally Posted by edmorel
Whle the khaki pant has an honorable and glorious past in our country's history, there are some members of this forum (Communists like GetSmart) that despise khaki's in all it's forms.
EDIT: alos, people who can't get agreement right. "hate [plural noun] in all their forms." You, ED, are apparently everything that is wrong with my world.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pair you're wearing is one of the best cut that I've seen - nice and trim around the hips. What brand is that?

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pair. Helmut Lang and Jil Sander. It seems now-retired minimalists love chinos.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
I'll also add people who think "it's" is the possessive form of "it" EDIT: alos, people who can't get agreement right. "hate [plural noun] in all their forms." You, ED, are apparently everything that is wrong with my world.
I hate people who can't spell "also".

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I hate people who can't spell "also".

I hate pendantic spell checkers who write as though they have never made a typo. Blah, blah, blah.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads