• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love drinking

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who's with me?

Sure, it's not the best thing for the body. It leads to things being said and acts being performed that would not be under clear-headed conditions, but that's the fun of it. If only every night could be a drunken adventure and every dawn a sober beginning. I used to think that drinking was a weakness, an upshot of immaturity, something that I'd have to wean myself off of as I grew older, but I've since thrown out such childish notions. No matter how old or "mature" I get (hint: not very), there isn't much that's more fun than a sloppy night out on the town with the boys looking for the next escapade and the next pair of beautiful ****.

Yep, I don't trust the shifty bastard who doesn't drink. What is he hiding behind that sober facade?

Here's to drinking!
cheers.gif

x26

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Who's with me?

Sure, it's not the best thing for the body. It leads to things being said and acts being performed that would not be under clear-headed conditions, but that's the fun of it. If only every night could be a drunken adventure and every dawn a sober beginning. I used to think that drinking was a weakness, an upshot of immaturity, something that I'd have to wean myself off of as I grew older, but I've since thrown out such childish notions. No matter how old or "mature" I get (hint: not very), there isn't much that's more fun than a sloppy night out on the town with the boys looking for the next escapade and the next pair of beautiful ****.

Yep, I don't trust the shifty bastard who doesn't drink. What is he hiding behind that sober facade?

Here's to drinking!
cheers.gif

Here's to seeing you in AA...
cheers.gif

ETA: I know exactly what you mean though...

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I'm relatively "over" getting drunk. That said, I love drinking because I really enjoy the taste of most of what I drink. Scotch, whiskey, just started to get into wine. I love drinking and the flavors and tastes. I just know where my line is and for the most part, stay very far away from it.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love drinking. Getting drunk is great. Im starting to get over it though since my hangovers are getting bruuuutal. Plus the whole thing it does to my body is rough. WIth that said, Im going to grab the blue moon spring flavor 6 pack I bought today and watch boxing.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone asked me how many pints I drink a week a little while back, and it turns out it's a lot.

Now I'm off to get drunk.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drinking is probably my second favorite activity in life. I don't like drinking to get drunk per se, but I am a glut; I enjoy the flavors of spirits until I get drunk. Oh yeah, and because I should probably be in AA due to the fact that I drink nearly everyday, no one ever challenges me to drinking contests anymore. I can easily polish off a fifth in an hour, which is actually pretty scary.
frown.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus
Oh yeah, and because I should probably be in AA due to the fact that I drink nearly everyday, no one ever challenges me to drinking contests anymore. I can easily polish off a fifth in an hour, which is actually pretty scary.
frown.gif

worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
I did that more than a few times in a single evening. At my peak I could polish off a 1.75L of bourbon in two nights. But an hour? Wow. Impressive.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Someone asked me how many pints I drink a week a little while back, and it turns out it's a lot.

Now I'm off to get drunk.

I have had less than 10 beers total in undergrad and grad school combined. I do have a fondness for wine though.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love drinking. i love it because when i drink im out having fun with friends and makes everything interesting etc. last night was fun, until i started throwing up on myself and another girl at my friends condo.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will take anyone on in a vodka drinking contests. I'm pretty confident in my skillz after demolishing a bunch of locals in Poland 3 years ago.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can easily polish off a fifth in an hour, which is actually pretty scary.
frown.gif

wow. Ive only drank a fifth in one sitting once. It was soco too it doesnt really count either. That is like andre the giant epic.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will take anyone on in a vodka drinking contests. I'm pretty confident in my skillz after demolishing a bunch of locals in Poland 3 years ago.

If you can beat the poles that's quite an accomplishment, polish friend of mine used to down a bottle of vodka straight of as a party trick, doctor says he can't drink any more. The next step for you would be to beat the Russians, in their supermarkets the beer is in the soft drink section...

I enjoy drinking, try not to get drunk too often, and I have really cut back which had the side effect of making me a lightweight and making evenings out cheaper.
The last time I got really drunk I tried to throw one of my flatmates down a flight of stairs, insisted on having a shower, fell out of the shower flat onto the floor busting the door open on the way, that left me with some serious bruises. Went to bed, passed out, woke up vomiting all over the bed. If my gf hadn't been there to help out I am fairly sure I would have choked to death. Spent the next day crawling in circles on my floor (bed was not usable for obvios reasons) trying to find whatever position hurt least. Was still feeling pretty ****** two days later when I had to do my end of semester exams.

tdangio

Reaction score
I had to go up to Charlotte on Thursday for meetings and had a flight at 8:35am. The guy that sat next to me reaked of alcohol and had that nasty red hue that can only point to 50 years of hard alcohol. No sooner had the fasten seatbelt sign gone off, he called a flight attendant and looked around frantically until one came over. The guy ordered a vodka and cranberry probably no later than 8:50 in the morning. Being all of 37 minutes in the air from Atlanta to Charlotte, there was no alcohol on board (at least not in coach). He was confused and had to settle for a Coke, but man, that was just sad (and smelly).

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoy a tasty beer with frequency.

Cavalier

Reaction score
Drinking is good (I have started a nice bar in my place), but I must say, I do love smoking weed!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads