• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I like this outfit

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The guy on the left.

I don't know why his shirt sleeve seems unbuttoned. Otherwise, I like his outfit!

stephanim8.jpg

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice.

That`s the way I like to do my shirts lately too...double button collar, angled cuff that`s unbuttoned.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
Nice.

That`s the way I like to do my shirts lately too...double button collar, angled cuff that`s unbuttoned.

Is it the double buttoning of the collar that makes the collor look so stiff and high? its a distinguished look. His sleeve needs a 4th button. I'd lose the pant cuffs too, they are quite wide. I'd never even though about going out without cufflinks. I like it.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Love the look; very flattering to him. It appears as though its tailored for him. Who is the gentleman pictured? Very conservative; but the tie cuts the ice a bit.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrchapel
Love the look; very flattering to him. It appears as though its tailored for him. Who is the gentleman pictured? Very conservative; but the tie cuts the ice a bit.

I was about to say the same thing. The shirt looks mtm/bespoke for sure. Not very many rtw shirts have hight collars like that (I know b/c I have a long neck myself and mtm shirts/high collars make a WORLD of difference to my look).

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His shirt collar is a bit too high and trousers a bit skimpy.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
His shirt collar is a bit too high and trousers a bit skimpy.

I disagree; I think the shirt collar looks good on him; it's a lot different than what is normally seen. The trousers, eh they could be dropped a half an inch or so, but at least its not as short as Thom Browne style.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He needs brown shoes. The outfit looks nice and well executed, though his overall attitude and pose makes me want to beat him to the ground.
smile.gif

!luc

Niels

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel
He needs brown shoes. The outfit looks nice and well executed, though his overall attitude and pose makes me want to beat him to the ground.
smile.gif

!luc

I disagree These formal oxford shoes in black looks great with a navy blue suit. Great suit by the way but the trousers a bit to short

Claudio

Reaction score
- nice shirt and tie (fits well)
- I like the length of trousers, but they're too tight at the bottom, compared to the bagginess on top (I dislike the 'funnel' look - its either or as far as I'm concerned); the turn up is too high
- nice shoes and would not opt for brown (would clash with sky tie)

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it the double buttoning of the collar that makes the collor look so stiff and high? its a distinguished look
Yes. most high collar shirts have 2 buttons...I guess you can still have a high collar made with just 1 button though.

His sleeve needs a 4th button.
the 4th is unbuttoned on purpose.

I'd lose the pant cuffs too, they are quite wide.
Extra wide cuffs are a very popular Italian look, and are very good for showing off your shoes. I think he should add a touch more length though.

I'd never even though about going out without cufflinks. I like it.
Doesn`t have to be a shirt for cufflinks though...You can do the same look with a button shirt.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dragon there is no fourth sleeve button to be unbuttoned (we're talking about the suit)

There's something wierd about the whole thing to my eye. Maybe it's just his stance but I think he looks very stiff

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dragon there is no fourth sleeve button to be unbuttoned (we're talking about the suit)
Yep, you`re right. Sorry, I wasn`t looking close enough.

cuffthis

Reaction score
Beautiful shirt, but I think it would be even better worn with a DB suit. The spread of the collar overwhelms his SB coat, IMHO.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a crane technique he's about to use on the guy in tan? Plucking out his eye?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads