• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I lied on my resume and now got new job offer

fender06

Reaction score
lately I got a job offer that I really interested in, to match the job requirements, I exaggerated my worl experience in the resume, basically I really had the relevant work experience in my current company for 3-4 months before, but later I was asked to handle other areas of duties, another colleague took up the responsibilities. I got promotion twice in the past 2 years and I still work closely with that colleague, like assisting her preparing regular report, data extraction, but just no longer responsible for the daily work.

During the interview, I told the hiring manager I am the person who hande the daily work of that particular area, I lied to the HR and manager.

Now they gave me the offer and want to pay me 1 month salary so that I can resign and onboard earlier.

Now I worry, what if they find out that I actually not the person who handle the daily work?

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell the truth and risk losing the opportunity. A troubled mind and conscience wont go away.

raggedsweater

Reaction score
Ethical question aside... can you do the work expected of you? If so, then take the job and be wiser next time. It's no uncommon for someone to fudge a bit on their resume and present them in the best light possible.

Should you choose to stay, I hope you appreciate your colleague a little more. But if you decline the job offer, you don't have to fess up.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can do the work, just take the offer. Don't mention anything. If you can't do the work? Don't take it, and leverage the offer with your current company for more money.

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.