I know some of you will appreciate this. Citroen DS

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by skalogre, Jun 14, 2006.

1. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Been years since I have last seen one. If I recall correctly my uncle had one of the late 1970's models.

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Been years since I have last seen one. If I recall correctly my uncle had one of the late 1970's models.

The hydraulic system on those old Citroen was a real bear.

3. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

Nice find! I was a bit annoyed watching it, as the model they were driving was clearly an newer (mid-1970s) model and also appeared to be an ID rather than a DS, but the anchor admitted as much at the end so all's forgiven.

They did do a quad-lamp model with the original asymmetric dash. That's the one I want, someday.

4. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Nice find! I was a bit annoyed watching it, as the model they were driving was clearly an newer (mid-1970s) model and also appeared to be an ID rather than a DS, but the anchor admitted as much at the end so all's forgiven.

They did do a quad-lamp model with the original asymmetric dash. That's the one I want, someday.

Yeah. Good old Top Gear. Did you notice the rally shots? Wonder how well the hydraulic suspension coped with that massive strain.

5. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

Yeah. Good old Top Gear. Did you notice the rally shots? Wonder how well the hydraulic suspension coped with that massive strain.

Well enough to win the Mille Miglia. Well, at least after they disqualified the Minis. [​IMG]

I'm pretty the Goddess won Paris-Dakar a few times, too. Later, I know the CX did, with substantially the same suspension.