• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fine cutlery, EDC, and pocket jewelry": Here we post reviews, recommendations, tips about and appreciation of.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I work out a fair bit, and practice bjj and kickboxing, and always suggest exercise as healthy sources of dopamine, but yeah, it's been a few difficult few years.

I don't necessarily want to know about the part that was asterixed out, but I can help with pocket knives. I think that these are very well designed:

All good. I just have been seeing a LOT of knives that I like. I’m usually ok at maintaining self control though.

I saw these are getting restocked next week.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All good. I just have been seeing a LOT of knives that I like. I’m usually ok at maintaining self control though.

Not bad. Most fun small knife, though... is the Civivi Baby Banter:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The best all-around tiny knife is the Spyderco Roadie.:fence:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best tiny knife is the Spyderco Roadie.:fence:

Not bad, but not fun. The Baby Banter fires super hard, and is good anywhere locking knives are legal, with a 2.34 inches of very well designed blade.

In terms of a high end knife that I like, and the finish looks amazing, but which I will not get because it's just not my jam, is the upcoming CKF Evo 4.0

The DLC and Carbon Fiber ones looks amazing:

Reaction score
Not a knife collector. Just have a few for specific tasks.

left 2 are EDC and others are hunting and fishing knives. I probably will add a few more for EDC and bushcraft.

L to R
Boker Plus Subcom Titanium, Spyderco Manix 2, Bark River Fingerling, Fallkniven H1, Buck zipper, Helle Steinbit

knif.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a knife collector. Just have a few for specific tasks.

left 2 are EDC and others are hunting and fishing knives. I probably will add a few more for EDC and bushcraft.

L to R
Boker Plus Subcom Titanium, Spyderco Manix 2, Bark River Fingerling, Fallkniven H1, Buck zipper, Helle Steinbit

View attachment 1890849
Nice. For bushcraft, I really like Nessmuks. I have one that was a souvenir from my wife from Silver Stag, bought at a store with real pioneer era knives, but I would love to pick up something like this from Edge Knifeworks:

I like carbon steels as well, but upkeep is a PITA compared to stainless. Sharpening is super easy though. Shaving sharp in zero time.

I can get anything from 3V to 20CV to S90V shaving sharp with my pro stones, but only to a decent working edge with my field kit, usually. Tradeoffs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice. For bushcraft, I really like Nessmuks. I have one that was a souvenir from my wife from Silver Stag, bought at a store with real pioneer era knives, but I would love to pick up something like this from Edge Knifeworks:

I like carbon steels as well, but upkeep is a PITA compared to stainless. Sharpening is super easy though. Shaving sharp in zero time.

I can get anything from 3V to 20CV to S90V shaving sharp with my pro stones, but only to a decent working edge with my field kit, usually. Tradeoffs.

Looks nice. i'd prefer something with a solid full tang that is not skeletonized, this one seems SFT? Probably fine, but i'd like a little bit more of an assurance when i put it to work in the bushes [i do tend over think a bit lol].

I also would love to have another filet knife. that silver stag slabf7.0 looks mighty fine

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks nice. i'd prefer something with a solid full tang that is not skeletonized, this one seems SFT? Probably fine, but i'd like a little bit more of an assurance when i put it to work in the bushes [i do tend over think a bit lol].

I also would love to have another filet knife. that silver stag slabf7.0 looks mighty fine
I think that skeletonization is just fine. It's either that, or a tapered tangm which can look more elegant, but ultimately, it's just to get the balance right. I get what your concern, but imho 1) It's really more of a concern for a survival knife, and 2) For bushcrafting purposes, a knife of thaat thickness is not going to break, even if you can a hammer to it. I guess you could snap the knife you you ater using it to pry stones apart, but even then, blade is most likely to go first, not the tang.

This in magnacut, is a good combination of good edge retention, toughness, and corrosion resistance:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fok seeing a folding knife in this thread that doesn’t flick.

C7727426-6ECA-45FA-8357-044F9962D92B.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Copping this

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3873A99C-BA35-4313-B0B7-35F68A33D2EF_1_201_a.jpeg

All Damasteel. So glad that it's sold out, because I have kids to put through school and 1250 Euros for a custom from Germany seems excessive.

emptym

Reaction score

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these the same, just two different makers? Different branding only? Same designer?

Edit - clearly they’re the same, the CRKT pages lists Burnley as the designer. So I guess I wonder, why would you self publish and at the same time let CRKT sell your knife for roughly 60% of the price?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads