• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just ran 2 miles in these...

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/ It actually felt pretty good. I felt stronger than any other time I've ran. I really felt like I could give my foot the chance to undergo a natural stride. The whole idea is to start start using the forefront of your foot and strengthen your arch by running practically barefoot. I notice my shoes, especially my vans, which are terrible for your feet, causing me to strike with my heel first and my feet kill me. I've worn these five finger shoes (if you can even call them shoes) for hours on end standing around and I didn't feel soreness as I would with a dress shoe, sneaker, etc. They seem like they can really help strengthen your body. I was talking to a guy who overpronates and he mentioned that his hip pain, shin splints, and other weaknesses in his body, including his knees have gone away. He's been using them for about 6 months and runs for an hour in them probably around 5-6 times a week.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool.
I may give them a try.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^i bought them for lifting. i am looking pretty Shrek in totality now.

Young Scrappy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^i bought them for lifting. i am looking pretty Shrek in totality now.

What about dropping or bumping into something?

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cool to know you ran that far with no issues. I have wanted to try them for some time now. How did they run, size wise?

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Not a solid answer, but from others who have them I have been told they are quite superior to Nike Frees

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They run true. I would recommend walking around in them for a couple of weeks though... it didn't bother me while running but my lower back is a little sore now. I haven't stretched or anything though so that might have to do with it. I should be wearing them more often though if I'm going to run like that. I kind of jumped on it since the weather was so nice today.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
They run true. I would recommend walking around in them for a couple of weeks though... it didn't bother me while running but my lower back is a little sore now. I haven't stretched or anything though so that might have to do with it. I should be wearing them more often though if I'm going to run like that. I kind of jumped on it since the weather was so nice today.

When I first began running in Nike Frees (I no longer do) I experienced this sort of soreness. I did went away pretty quickly.

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to buy similar concept shoes for daily wear (falling arches resulting in increasingly flat feet), but they need to blend in more. Any suggestions on what I should buy?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1. a different league.

Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
^^^ Not a solid answer, but from others who have them I have been told they are quite superior to Nike Frees

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So it's alright to run in these (without much sole support)?

Or do they have lots of support?

Is wearing these the same as wearing Chucks for squats/DLs since the foot is flat on the ground?

Eagle

Reaction score
Interesting but, for running, I'll just stick with my Adidas' Micro-Bounces...I need the cushioning!
smile.gif

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My feet overpronate and I was told to stay away from the Nike Frees because of the lack of arch support. I usually wear a Brooks or Asics model specifically designed for overpronation, with custom inserts that also help to correct the issue. These look great but seem counterintuitive to me. Given my condition, wouldn't doing without all the arch support and cushioning be worse on my feet, ankles, and knees?

I can see how they'd be great for rock climbing, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics