I just killed two little cockroaches

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Connemara, Nov 24, 2009.

1. willpower

willpower Senior member

2. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

LOL, I've got cockroaches the size of your thumb in my apartment. The scorpions are the worst, though.

3. MrG

MrG Senior member

LOL, I've got cockroaches the size of your thumb in my apartment. The scorpions are the worst, though.

We get big roaches here, too. We call them palmetto bugs, and Conne would probably die if he had to deal with them. Here in Georgia you only get them inside occassionally, but in the summer they're all over the place outside. South Georgia is the worst - I was in Savannah in August once, and I remember walking through some darker spots on the street where they were just scurrying everywhere.

When I lived in Florida I don't recall seeing them outside as much, but it was pretty much impossible to keep them out of your house. It was just a fact of life living down there.

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

When I lived in Florida I don't recall seeing them outside as much, but it was pretty much impossible to keep them out of your house. It was just a fact of life living down there.

The exterminator comes 2 times a month, and I can't recall seeing a cockroach inside the house in years.

5. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Get a cat. You will still see roaches, but they will be pre-killed.

6. MrG

MrG Senior member

The exterminator comes 2 times a month, and I can't recall seeing a cockroach inside the house in years.

I didn't mean to imply that every house in Florida is infested, but I don't know anyone who can keep them out completely. We had a reliable extermination schedule, but we'd still occasionally have a roach show up.

This is the only benefit I've been able to find of the cat that came with my wife when we got married.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Agree with this. We have scorpions and various other critters in our environs. The cats get them all before they can do any harm.

Conne, you're sunk btw. It's the small ones that are the bad ones. You live in a poor area, with other students or transient types? They live in the cardboard boxes people obtain from food stores for moving in and out. And if you stomp on a female with eggs? All you've done is smear the eggs on your foot, which will still hatch anyways.

My best advice is to move out, leaving all your posessions behind, as they are infected. Report to a delousing chamber, find a new place, and then carry on with your life.

8. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

I hope you don't plan on falling asleep in your apartment.

9. mr.loverman

mr.loverman Senior member

10. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I should just napalm my building.

I left a slightly bitchy voicemail with my property management co. If they don't return my call today I will march down there in person tomorrow. No one will be spared the Conneman's righteous indignation.

11. robin

robin Senior member

At least you don't have these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

I should just napalm my building.

I left a slightly bitchy voicemail with my property management co. If they don't return my call today I will march down there in person tomorrow. No one will be spared the Conneman's righteous indignation.

Roaches will survive this. Check cracks in corners and vents. You saw two that means a minimum of 2000 are behind the walls some place. Also, go into the kitchen when you'd normally be sleep. Turn the lights on and they scatter.

Evil bastards. I use to have roaches and could tell you some stories.

13. Ge Fuzz

Ge Fuzz Senior member

we have ants. No roaches, thank goodness. Some places like in a lot of old NY apartment buildings roaches are almost unavoidable, but where I live Ive only seen them in dirty houses.

14. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

At least you don't have these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oh shit! if i saw that i would freakin call the police. i wouldnt dare touch that clock

15. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I find that they're hard to avoid in apartments. Even ones that are well maintained because there's always someone who either has pets that they are afraid for or thinks that the poison they kill bugs with will harm them or the environment, so their apartment becomes a place for the bugs to cool their heels until the heat wears off. Since I've had my own home I've not seen any bugs, and I'm not the neatest housekeeper.