• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just found out I spent much of my youth with a child ******

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was 16 I joined a LARP(live action role playing). It was easily one of the best things I did as a teenager because it kept me in great shape, was a nice creative outlet, and I got to meet a lot of interesting people. Despite how silly it looks, there are a ton of injuries, and the people who play are not always your stereotypical nerds. There were lots of ex cons, drifter types, drug addicts, psychonaughts, swingers, satanists, you name it. It attracted all of society's outcasts.

In the game you can achieve titles. I wanted to be a knight, which took years. Soon after joining the game I became friends with a knight who took me on as his squire. I would fight with him a lot and go to his house constantly. It was not unusual to stay at his house 2-3 times a week just to hang out. A teen boy hanging out with a guy in his 30s was strange, but he was very social and people were over at his house all the time. He was always happy and friendly.

He was always perverted, but nothing beyond constant dirty jokes, things of that nature. He also had an asian fetish, and when I began to date the only asian girl in all of Tennessee he started inviting us over constantly and went from perverted to downright creepy. I could tell that when it came to his sexuality, his reality was warped and he had some serious issues. I quickly started to distance myself from him, and my girlfriend told him that he was creeping her out and she needed some distance from him too. Because his warped reality, he decided to follow up by inviting my girlfriend to go on vacation with him, me not included, and to think of him when she masturbated. What the ****? As soon as I heard I drove to his house and formally ended my squireship and friendship with him. That was the only time I've ever seen him afraid and angry.

Then today I see this:
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14433868/police-man-used-role-playing-game-to-prey-on-kids

I'm absolutely shocked that I spent a decent part of my adolescence with a child ******. I was friends with a truly evil person.

Last edited:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
HOLY ****! consider yourself so damn lucky, like if you ever feel depressed, angry, down on your luck, the whole world is collapsing around you, its the end of the world kind of feeling, you should stop and consider yourself the luckiest man alive. imagine all the anguish and damage this guy could have done to you and/or your ex-gf that you have to deal with for the rest of your lives- physically, mentally and emotionally. talk about how your life can turn for the ******* worst just like that.

so I'm glad you weren't molested by this creep. and my thoughts to those he did. I hope that ********* dies a long torturous death being sodomized by the biggest sex offender in his cell block and then pull a hole out of him and grab his intestines out.

Philip

Reaction score
damn lucky you were 16

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is unbelievable... Good thing you were a bit older and definitely a good thing that your GF at the time and you distanced yourselves from him when you realized how unstable and twisted he is.

LOL AT LARPING! When I worked at Wendy's in high school there were some co-workers who LARP'd. They were incredibly creepy, geeky, nerdy, a little messed up in the head, and had horrible personal hygiene. I love me some RPG's but LARPing is next level. Though that movie Role Models made it seem slightly cooler.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You ended your squireship?? Were you ever able to become anyone else's squire?

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Authorities believe Agostinho raped and molested at least four victims, both male and female.The youngest of those children was just six when the incidents began".

He does not need to be executed or given life.

Just put him in the general prison population for 5 years and let the Tennessee prisoners take care of him.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
holy hell that is scary. thank g-d you and your gf are among the lucky ones.

so I'm glad you weren't molested by this creep. and my thoughts to those he did. I hope that ********* dies a long torturous death being sodomized by the biggest sex offender in his cell block and then pull a hole out of him and grab his intestines out.

^ this ^

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Maybe he did things to you and you are repressing it... (I hope not)

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

When I was 16 I joined a LARP(live action role playing). It was easily one of the best things I did as a teenager because it kept me in great shape, was a nice creative outlet, and I got to meet a lot of interesting people. Despite how silly it looks, there are a ton of injuries, and the people who play are not always your stereotypical nerds. There were lots of ex cons, drifter types, drug addicts, psychonaughts, swingers, satanists, you name it. It attracted all of society's outcasts.
In the game you can achieve titles. I wanted to be a knight, which took years. Soon after joining the game I became friends with a knight who took me on as his squire. I would fight with him a lot and go to his house constantly. It was not unusual to stay at his house 2-3 times a week just to hang out. A teen boy hanging out with a guy in his 30s was strange, but he was very social and people were over at his house all the time. He was always happy and friendly.
He was always perverted, but nothing beyond constant dirty jokes, things of that nature. He also had an asian fetish, and when I began to date the only asian girl in all of Tennessee he started inviting us over constantly and went from perverted to downright creepy. I could tell that when it came to his sexuality, his reality was warped and he had some serious issues. I quickly started to distance myself from him, and my girlfriend told him that he was creeping her out and she needed some distance from him too. Because his warped reality, he decided to follow up by inviting my girlfriend to go on vacation with him, me not included, and to think of him when she masturbated. What the ****? As soon as I heard I drove to his house and formally ended my squireship and friendship with him. That was the only time I've ever seen him afraid and angry.
Then today I see this:
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14433868/police-man-used-role-playing-game-to-prey-on-kids
I'm absolutely shocked that I spent a decent part of my adolescence with a child ******. I was friends with a truly evil person.

Sounds like a blast...

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sunk in this morning. I was really shaken up. There is a very good chance that I knew a majority of his victims. Since he preyed on boys, I have no doubt that there are many more victims who have not come forward. I wonder if it was a good idea to tell my girlfriend about it. I wont tell my parents about it because they might feel some guilt for letting me join the LARP in the first place. I honestly don't think I was personally in any danger since I was a fit 16 year old and didn't have the personality that would make someone an easy victim. I feel very glad nothing happened to my girlfriend.

The scary thing is, I can see how he could get away with this for so long. I don't think he had any enemys. Everyone liked him. He was always warm and friendly. He was a high school teacher before he was a computer technician. He also has a daughter who must be in high school now.

You ended your squireship?? Were you ever able to become anyone else's squire?

I considered asking to squire under a different knight but none were in my realm, and long distance knight/squire relationships seldom work out very well. That stung too because I worked years for something and never got it.

Sounds like a blast...

LOL AT LARPING! When I worked at Wendy's in high school there were some co-workers who LARP'd. They were incredibly creepy, geeky, nerdy, a little messed up in the head, and had horrible personal hygiene. I love me some RPG's but LARPing is next level. Though that movie Role Models made it seem slightly cooler.

It was in a way. I grew up in a perfect functional nuclear family and went to good schools. Suddenly being thrown into a community that strange was really eye opening about a lot of things for a 16 year old. I have a of ton of weird stories about people I've met. One couple I knew played Vampire the Masquerade(more of a social RPG) and would have RP nights at their house. The only twist is that they would swing in character. I also met a few "rennies," nomadic Americans who would travel from renaissance fair to renaissance fair, working at the fairs and only making enough money to feed themselves and drive to the next one. There were a lot of people into weird religions that no one has ever heard of, some of which lived in very small apartments, yet had a dedicated "ritual room" used for god(s) knows what.

The stuff seen in Role Models is very much like what I did. Ill look for some pics from back then.
Vid:

EDIT:
I'm around 18 in this pic, left:
ReggsTiberiusbright.jpg

Last edited:

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, Joffrey was misquoted on the second one :)

Also, that reminds me. One of the guys who LARP'd was a HUGE, and I mean HUGELY obese man of about 29. His waist had to be 60" +. Anyways not only was he a LARPer but a horrible human being. Around Christmas time he made a comment about wanting the new Final Fantasy game and then said "I guess the kids' Christmas gift will be watching me play it". He was being dead serious. This guy could barely afford his heating bill and food for his children yet would spend money on the latest playstation RPG games,going to all these LARP events, and stuffing his face with tons and tons of terrible food...

The LARPers in college seemed fairly athletic, for the most part. They had pretty spirited duels and fights in front of the school gym. I never hung out with them, I'd rather get my workout in quickly, play WoW, and go out to meet girls and drink beer on non-raid nights.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he tap that azz???

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The stuff seen in Role Models is very much like what I did. Ill look for some pics from back then.
Vid:

EDIT:
I'm around 18 in this pic, left:
ReggsTiberiusbright.jpg

not to make light of this, but your role models comment made me lol.

btw, you look like a pretty good looking, normal fellow, and you had a GF , why in the **** were you larping?

steviecakes

Reaction score
I read the headline fast and ignored the colon so it read "Police Man Used Role Playing Game To Prey On Kids"

Still a shocking thing to know. It's weird knowing that sexual predators may be among us, and we might know one personally without realizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads