• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

i just brought some erza fitch jeans

modagg

Reaction score
i was at the mall and even though i hate everything that is abercrombie ;employees are told to be unhelpful, "the abercrombie" smell that spray on all their $hit, tag lines, only one register open. but anyways i go in searching for the $400 jeans (wasn't gonna get them just wanted to check em out) and while looking around i noticed that had a sale area and they had all their erza fitch jeans on sale for $30. i dont know how long they have discontinued or any of that crap but their salvage (i know this doesn't equal quality) and they have a nice thickness to them while being rather soft. they were normally like $269 but i wouldn't pay half of that. theirs a few weird details that i dont like but at least i found some without paint on them.

capnpyro

Reaction score
Out of morbid curiosity.. pictures?

Are these the standard issue cut 4 sizes to big so you can fit a small asian woman in your pants at the same time as you (which don't get me wrong sounds like fun)?

v84

Reaction score
sorry mate, seriously, I bought some selvedge ezras, then promptly sold em. I cant remember anyone who paid the $250 for sammies or sugarcanes or whoever and who was dissapointed or thought they were not worth it. Seriously It pains me because I wasted so much time and money on crap jeans because I didnt fancy the hassle of rakuten - now I only look for jeans on rakuten, whats so painful is seeing guys on forums go through all this - "well sevens are ok man, abercrombies alright" before their first japanese made jeans, nah! These brands charge so much for what the product really is, your paying for "trend" not material/product.......

jcrew923

Reaction score
lol go to www.topicstyle.com and post it
not here
i'm a regular there and that's what they're into
lol and the $400 premium baxters
have a nice enough wash but they're rediculously overpriced
wait for them to go on clearance to like 100 or 50 bucks or whatever if you really want them

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wear two pairs of jeans, one being ezra's, and the other being Eanest sewns, although the ES's are much better in every way, I got the Ezra's for cheap, and I'm happy with them.

Double D

Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
Out of morbid curiosity.. pictures?

Are these the standard issue cut 4 sizes to big so you can fit a small asian woman in your pants at the same time as you (which don't get me wrong sounds like fun)?

A&F is cut so ******* big it's insane. Every measurement on their jeans is at least an inch bigger than an equivalent size Diesel Zathan... higher rise, bigger in the waist, massive thighs, huge knees (which get huger with the knee rips) and a completely needless flare from an already huge knee opening.

modagg

Reaction score
regarding the big-ness of the jeans; it was pretty funny actually and so i will share my experience at the store. i went into the store and despite seeing tons of employees; they all seemed pretty busy folding and walking in a circle around the store. so im looking at the jeans and shockingly a girl came over to me (prob should have asked her if she wanted to f*ck because an employee actually approaching a customer at a & f; i watched an older lady chase down this girl for the key to the changing room for her kid). anyways so i get to explaining to her that these are prob the best jeans in the store and explain selvadge (totally clueless look but i have a feeling this look wasn't totally uncommon to her). so i say something like "well i know ur stuff runs huge so im gonna size down (i wont try on stuff in a store). she explains that they run pretty true to size and actually maybe alittle small and i say "if their too small they"ll stretch". no no no she replys this is premium denim (i actually started laughing at this point) and that they wont stretch.

v84

Reaction score
modagg, thats priceless

"no no no she replys this is premium denim (i actually started laughing at this point) and that they wont stretch."

should be someones signature..

no_pseudonym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Double D
A&F is cut so ******* big it's insane. Every measurement on their jeans is at least an inch bigger than an equivalent size Diesel Zathan... higher rise, bigger in the waist, massive thighs, huge knees (which get huger with the knee rips) and a completely needless flare from an already huge knee opening.

Yeah, I hate the cut of the A&F jeans. I have a pair of "chuggers" that I got for what I thought was a relatively cheap price on Ebay, and it's way too roomy.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'll be the lone dissenting voice here. all matters of denim quality and A&F's reputation aside, i got more "where did you get those jeans" comments from random strangers than any other pair of jeans i've worn. they were Barstar Flares which admittedly are probably 5 years past their prime now in terms of what's "trendy". whatever.

the $400 pair of Abercrombie jeans on their current website is just freakin' nuts though.

-Jeff

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcrew923
lol go to www.topicstyle.com and post it
not here
i'm a regular there and that's what they're into
lol and the $400 premium baxters
have a nice enough wash but they're rediculously overpriced
wait for them to go on clearance to like 100 or 50 bucks or whatever if you really want them

I checked that site.....now I feel that I desperately need a shower.

RobZ

Reaction score
I worked at A&F for close to a year, and while I agree, a lot of the employees have no clue about jean fits, that is not the case for everyone. When I roll out of bed hungover in the morning, I really have no problem throwing on the A&F hoody and jeans...at least as a college kid. And some of the clothes you'd never have guessed came from A&F...as soon as I post some pictures I'll show you what I mean. Sorry you're experience wasn't more enjoyable!?

And if you're in the store, check out the Remsen fit. They are a low rise slim fit straight leg and for the price ($69.50) they aren't bad, IMO.

Halifamous

Reaction score
Topicstyle.

Oh
My
God

Someone had a 7forallmankind sig.
There were three threads about "check out my abercrombie hoodie/polo.
Everyone is ugly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads