• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

i just brought some erza fitch jeans

Jake

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
story.jpg

What model of A&F jeans is this 60-year old wearing?

The "I'm Too Senile To Turn Over My Company To Someone That Can Actually Run It" model.

RobZ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
story.jpg

What model of A&F jeans is this 60-year old wearing?

Those are either the Kilburns or Saranacs. Probably the Kilburns knowing him. Not sure if you picked up on this or not, but that is the CEO, Mike Jefferies. Plastic surgery gone bad, no doubt.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RobZ
Hopefully he will stick around to read the threads and realize, hey, maybe next time I should read around the different opinions/testimonials of various brands and do some more research. At least in my opinion, the fact that he bought selvage jeans shows that he is interested and this will get him to read the threads. I'm not sure when you started getting into this, but as I said before, you can't tell me you went from diapers to premium Japanese selvage.

I know you're new here so I'll keep things civil but "selvage" and "premium" are buzz words to most people who've been here longer than 15 mins since neither word denotes any sort of quality or worth; it's like calling a car "drivable" because it has four wheels. You might see his $30 as an investment in a hobby or interest while I see it as a $30 lesson on mall jeans. Gap, AF, J.Crew, Stussy, Volcom, etc. all make selvage jeans and they could be considered "starters" compared to what others have here but I wouldn't assume that their purchase means that the person is interested in a backstory but perhaps a deal such as in this case.

I, and I'm positive most here, did not start on quality jeans, thus, I'm not putting anyone down. Regardless of whether or not they're selvage, they're still mall jeans and succumb to the same quality issues.

I'm not saying give him props on jeans because they're premium or anything. I'm saying, give him props because he is one more possibly person that understands our obsession.

If I'm being a dick or unreasonable, let me know, as I feel a topic about A&F in a forum like this should not be this long, but I feel as though we've missed each other's points in one way or another.

Again, I don't see how his purchase of jeans that happened to be selvage warrants credit or "props" of any sort. I never got the slightest hint the OP was interested in anything sartorially-speaking other than discussing the value of the deal he found. If I give him credit of any kind it'd be only paying $30 on a lesson that could have been $200+, that is of course if he becomes more interested in quality & price than just deals on paper.

I'm not sure if our "obsessions" are the same. I like well-constructed, well-fitting jeans. Notice the lack of words like "premium" and "selvage"?

I think you truly mean well and enjoy the possibility of more people becoming educated in the jeans they wear and their purchases but I think you're assuming a bit much on his behalf on a single purchase of cheap mall jeans. For someone who's been a member for all of a few days, hasn't taken the time to read up on the jean manufacturing he's promoting, and then tells me I should be handing out props like pez seems way out of line.

RobZ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I know you're new here so I'll keep things civil but "selvage" and "premium" are buzz words to most people who've been here longer than 15 mins since neither word denotes any sort of quality or worth; it's like calling a car "drivable" because it has four wheels. You might see his $30 as an investment in a hobby or interest while I see it as a $30 lesson on mall jeans. Gap, AF, J.Crew, Stussy, Volcom, etc. all make selvage jeans and they could be considered "starters" compared to what others have here but I wouldn't assume that their purchase means that the person is interested in a backstory but perhaps a deal such as in this case.

I, and I'm positive most here, did not start on quality jeans, thus, I'm not putting anyone down. Regardless of whether or not they're selvage, they're still mall jeans and succumb to the same quality issues.

Again, I don't see how his purchase of jeans that happened to be selvage warrants credit or "props" of any sort. I never got the slightest hint the OP was interested in anything sartorially-speaking other than discussing the value of the deal he found. If I give him credit of any kind it'd be only paying $30 on a lesson that could have been $200+, that is of course if he becomes more interested in quality & price than just deals on paper.

I'm not sure if our "obsessions" are the same. I like well-constructed, well-fitting jeans. Notice the lack of words like "premium" and "selvage"?

I think you truly mean well and enjoy the possibility of more people becoming educated in the jeans they wear and their purchases but I think you're assuming a bit much on his behalf on a single purchase of cheap mall jeans. For someone who's been a member for all of a few days, hasn't taken the time to read up on the jean manufacturing he's promoting, and then tells me I should be handing out props like pez seems way out of line.

As I said before, I wasn't trying to start ****. This thread has digressed so much from the point right now that posting further is pointless.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jake
Yeah they have the loosest fit of all of Ruehl's jeans. http://topicstyle.com/showthread.php?t=3840 You can see a description of each of type here. It's a tad bit dated... bit still you can get a really good idea. A good idea of how the Vandams fit.
Jeans-RuehlVandams.jpg
And a view of the "light" wash.
Jeans-RuehlLightWashVandams.jpg

What's funny is that you guys knock AF/Ruehl jeans and yet that fit is better than a big part of this forum

modagg

Reaction score
damn this thread has turned kinda ugly. but anyways, i feel it was a $30 well spent. i wore them yesterday to school and i got some nice jeans compliments rather then the usually "what are those; thats cool; u dont wash them; why not just buy normal jeans?" that i get from my nudies. the quality is far better then the sfam and tr's i have (i didn't buy them, their were gifts) as they are rather thick but very soft. i would compare their thickness/ softness to some of my thicker diesels that have been worn pretty hard.

ghostdeini

Reaction score
As I said before, I wasn't trying to start ****. This thread has digressed so much from the point right now that posting further is pointless.

yes, this thread about abercrombie&fitch on styleforum had so much potential, it hurts to look back upon all the wasted intellect

jcrew923

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
There's a member there with a name of: "You_Just_Got_Fitched".
he also happens to be one of the more fashion forward people on ts and someone that would fit in here better than on topicstyle
he's constantly telling people to get up off their af clad asses and checking out other brands

Jake

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcrew923
he also happens to be one of the more fashion forward people on ts and someone that would fit in here better than on topicstyle
he's constantly telling people to get up off their af clad asses and checking out other brands

People on TS are starting to bug me... I find myself spending more time reading on here than I do on there lately.

Or it might be that I just can't take that 90% of the members on there are devout conservatives...

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's some beautifully appropriate about Abercrombie kids worshiping at the holy church of AEI.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jake
People on TS are starting to bug me... I find myself spending more time reading on here than I do on there lately.

Or it might be that I just can't take that 90% of the members on there are devout conservatives...

I suggest you avoid our Current Events section then.

Actually, I suggest you avoid it anyway.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcrew923

So I presume his name is taken in irony rather like your name?

Other brands include American Eagle and Ralph Lauren.

Jake

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I suggest you avoid our Current Events section then.

Err why do you say that? I think you misread my post.

These boards seem much more liberal than Topicstyle's.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then you clearly haven't read our Current Events forum.

Try not to. It's a horrible place.

Jake

Reaction score
Two days on the forum apparently is not enough time to get acquainted with the way things are eh? heh I find the topics on that section to be rather interesting even if I don't agree with them. That *** topic is a... little bit out there but interesting nonetheless
tongue.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads