• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThomasoAIK
Grand Marnier Edition Collector 2006, special bottle of the regular cordon rouge i believe.
Is it a special edition bottle or an actual special edition of the liquer itself?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will update with pics this weekend/early next week, but....

McCarthy's Single Malt - Portland Oregon (US version of Islay, excited to try this)
Noah's Mill Bourbon
Pappy van Wrinkle 20
Thomas R. Handy Sazerac (barrel strength rye)
Springbank 10 (old version, yellow box)
Bruichladdich Waves
Caol Ila 14 Cognac Finish (G&M Private Collection)
Glenfarclas 105

couple more that I'm forgetting...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
^ Nice haul.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Will update with pics this weekend/early next week, but.... McCarthy's Single Malt - Portland Oregon (US version of Islay, excited to try this) Noah's Mill Bourbon Pappy van Wrinkle 20 Thomas R. Handy Sazerac (barrel strength rye) Springbank 10 (old version, yellow box) Bruichladdich Waves Caol Ila 14 Cognac Finish (G&M Private Collection) Glenfarclas 105 couple more that I'm forgetting...
Wow Never heard of that Sazerac before. How is it?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped by the liquor store on my way home. The picture was taken after we had downed a few Manhattans too many.

120920093.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Got a few things today. A couple bottles of cheap red blend, but supposedly very good. Another bottle of my beloved ME SB, and a modest SB to try. Also, a bottle of Bourbon.
IMG_0119.jpg
IMG_0120.jpg

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally replaced my Vya sweet vermouth. I had to go something like 2 weeks without it, which is a rediculously long time considering I use it for almost every one of my favorite cocktails. Delicious stuff.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
I fially replaced my Vya sweet vermouth. I had to go something like 2 weeks without it, which is a rediculously long time considering I use it for almost every one of my favorite cocktails. Delicious stuff.

One of my greatest fears, now that I've found Vya, is that I might one day not be able to find it.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Wow Never heard of that Sazerac before. How is it?
Its one of the Buffalo Trace Antique bourbons. I tasted it at a buddy of mine's and bought it on the way home, one of the best ryes I've ever had. I like the 10yr Michter's more (it tastes like a pepper storm in a flower garden to me), but objectively I don't think its as complex. Handy is sweet, spicy and strong. I think its much better than Rittenhouse 21, which to many is the gold standard of ryes. I highly recommend.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Port Charlotte 6 ($85!)
Longrow CV

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purchased Maison Prunier - Axel Gay cognac. It is a grande champagne cognac and comes with that silky, almost greasy, feeling on the tongue. I may have over-purchased for my purpose, which is to make my favorite cocktail - the Vieux Carre. In the cocktail, this cognac is actually noticably different from my usual, Remy Martin 1738. I really like it.

Cognac, on the whole, seems almost too smooth and silky for me. I need a little roughness, which is probably why I enjoy rye so much.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just found the most wonderful liquor store...dangerously close to my office. They have one of the best collections of single malt scotch in Japan! There goes my paychecks!

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got a case of stoudts triple abbey. decent stuff

dl

InsBrokerTX

Reaction score
Just bought a bottle of Buffalo Trace while on a business trip to Houston. I plan to keep this one on hand. It is good stuff. Especially when you consider the price.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
A bottle of Remy VSOP, for cocktails, and a bottle of walnut liqueur. I plan to make a drink known as The Angel's Share this weekend.

1 1/4oz Louis 13th
3/4oz walnut liqueur
1/2oz port
1/8oz Chartreuse

I plan to make one with Louis, and one with the VSOP.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics