• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hess_cab.jpg

arrowood_syrah2000.jpg

sandalford.jpg

bvcoastalzin.jpg

81572.jpg

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
luigi Bosca DOC Malbec 2006
D.V. Catena 2004 Malbec
Misiones D Rengo Carmenere 2007
Errazuriz Max Reserva 2006 Merlot

first two from Argentina, second two from Chile

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThomasoAIK
Some islay whisky to be more precise cragganmore 12 years.

That was a great choice, and I hope you enjoy it (I think you will). You might find that's a Speyside though, not an Islay.

ThomasoAIK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
That was a great choice, and I hope you enjoy it (I think you will). You might find that's a Speyside though, not an Islay.

Your right but i think i will enjoy it and its always good to try somenew stuff.

Have been drinking some islay stuff recently like bowmore, caol ila , laphroaig and the craggan was standing next to the isaly stuff in the store so i thought it was from there to.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
12 pack of Pilsner Urquel for daytime beach drinking.
Beafeater gin and Campari for Negronis later in the afternoon.
Kenwood 1997 Cab Sav and Blandy's 15 yo Madeira for this evening with steaks.

chas

Reaction score
depaz%20blue%20cane%20rhum.jpg

Depaz Rhum Agricole

It is great. I am not a huge fan of Rum with the exception of Rum from Martinique. I had only had Clement before and Depaz is excellent. I think that Clement may be a better value for the money though.

Opermann

Reaction score
Bought a 4-pack of Dogfish Head's Burton Baton for $15. 10% ABV. Imperial IPA blended with English strong ale, aged in oak barrels.

I love top-shelf microbrews because they're the best beer you can buy in the US, and much cheaper than wine in the same category.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2 bottles:
90160.jpg

4 half-bottles (375ml):
43570.jpg

2 bottles:
84115.jpg

plus 1 bottle each of Hendricks, Woodford Reserve and Ketel One.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
That Sauternes looks familiar!

DSC00662.jpg

I was looking at the Cambria this weekend, for some reason, then remembered my cellar only has room for about four cases more. I need to drink more and buy less. Let me know how you like it Mark?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

DSC00662.jpg

I was looking at the Cambria this weekend, for some reason, then remembered my cellar only has room for about four cases more. I need to drink more and buy less. Let me know how you like it Mark?

Or buy a bigger cellar... duh...

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DSC00662.jpg

Found it (the 2003) at a local store on closeout and picked up 4 bottles to try. If you recommend it I'll run back and pick up several more. I like the half bottles in the Sauternes because my wife doesn't do dessert wines and I don't like opening a whole bottle just for me.
I've become a big fan of the Cambria. I picked up the Julia's because I can get it pretty cheap ($20). I ordered a mixed case from them a while back (it's gone now) and REALLY liked some of their other Pinots, but they are more expensive and "the Boss" has me on a wine budget right now.
frown.gif
(j/k...sort of). The Julia's has become my "go to" Pinot in the $20 price range.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
If you got it for a good price, you did good. But to be frank, I think these are superior, for just a little more:
DSC00696.jpg
Thanks for the info on Cambria. If I want to buy a quick pop and pour, I'll give it a shot. I've got nearly 200 bottles of pinot now though, so I really plan to not purchase much until the fall releases. Notice the nice dark amber of the 13 year old Sauternes though? I love wine
smile.gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
The 2003 Chateau Guiraud is one of my favorites, one of the first wines that sold me on how great wine can really be.

How much did you pick up the half bottles for??

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
The 2003 Chateau Guiraud is one of my favorites, one of the first wines that sold me on how great wine can really be. How much did you pick up the half bottles for??
$25. Their regular price was about $33 I think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads