1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Huntsman, Mar 9, 2008.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

DNW-- is that any good? I saw some Saturday and thought it might be good, but wanted some verification before I took the dive.

P.S. ---> Dude, a watch instead of bouncing tits? Come on now.

2. DNW

DNW Senior member

DNW-- is that any good? I saw some Saturday and thought it might be good, but wanted some verification before I took the dive. P.S. ---> Dude, a watch instead of bouncing tits? Come on now.
    Yeah, it's good. It's a refreshing break from those foreign scotches and whiskeys. Slightly sweet with a bit of a kick. Smooth and a really nice warm finish. Tits are taking a break, they've been bouncing for a long while.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

That Bernheim looks tasty DW.

I have been lying low lately but expect some purchases in the next several weeks [​IMG]

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Happy Birthday to Me....

[​IMG]

And the insides:

[​IMG]

I might hold onto this one for my 50th in 2021. Or maybe my 40th? It's a magnum so it should age a bit slower than a 750ml.

5. DNW

DNW Senior member

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

If you start now, you might finish that bottle in 2021. [​IMG]

Yup, gonna need a friend or five. Whenever I do pop it, be sure there will be some great bread and cheese to start the bottle with and some fine cigars to finish it [​IMG] Nice find though, no? The little presentation box rocks IMO [​IMG]

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Here is a couple just for eg1 [​IMG] Excuse the pics, the bottles are so black and skinny, hard to get a good shot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. DNW

DNW Senior member

Yup, gonna need a friend or five. Whenever I do pop it, be sure there will be some great bread and cheese to start the bottle with and some fine cigars to finish it [​IMG] Nice find though, no? The little presentation box rocks IMO [​IMG]

Haha...

One of my favorite ways to finish a meal is with a porto, a nice cigar, and some espresso or coffee on the side, with a glass of water. I can spend the whole night at a cafe with this combination. [​IMG]

9. eg1

eg1 Senior member

Here is a couple just for eg1 [​IMG] Excuse the pics, the bottles are so black and skinny, hard to get a good shot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you've never actually been to Pelee Island -- it's unspeakably dull beyond the winery patio, and you wait for hours for the next ferry to arrive ... [​IMG]

Worse, if you stroll the beach you get besieged by sandflies [​IMG]

Oh, and the damn wines are ... http://bigidea.com/index.aspx

(you might need toddlers to figure out the link [​IMG] )

10. VMan

VMan Senior member

I just picked up a bottle of Bowmore single malt tonight. I don't pretend to know anything about scotch, but I'm starting to be able to get a taste for it vs. just choking it down. Having a glass now I notice a difference between this and the JW Red or Black that I typically buy, so I might have to experiment and try some others.

11. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Happy Birthday to Me.... And the insides: I might hold onto this one for my 50th in 2021. Or maybe my 40th? It's a magnum so it should age a bit slower than a 750ml.
    Happy Birthday! They say that people who drink magnums are happier....

12. topbroker

topbroker Senior member

Tits are taking a break, they've been bouncing for a long while.

I prefer the watch! Not a real fan of the avatars that make SF feel like an issue of Maxim (or edmorel's, which make it seem like an issue of Penthouse).

13. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Have to say I agree....

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Finally arrived today. It is three bottles deep and looms over everything in my laundry room. No cracks about the dusty light fixture...I'm too soft on the cleaning lady I guess.

[​IMG]

Partially filled. That's about 18 cases in there!

[​IMG]

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

^^^ I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that that probably won't fit into my <$500 budget for my parent's anniversary gift. Damn!!!

Seriously though, [​IMG] that is nice.

16. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

A Vinotemp E600-3, very nice. Does it only hold Magnums on the top shelf?

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

A Vinotemp E600-3, very nice. Does it only hold Magnums on the top shelf?

The top two will hold mags and Champaign style bottles. The only mag in there so far is the one I have pictured above, sitting on the left in its presentation box [​IMG]

Good spotting on the model too [​IMG]

18. eg1

eg1 Senior member

^ So now not only are you "out of the closet" as a wine weenie, you bought the freakin' closet! [​IMG]

19. chang

chang Well-Known Member

Just bought a bottle each of Lagavulin 16 and Laphroaig 10. I'm pretty excited. [​IMG]

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Never underestimate what you can buy at CostCo. Did you know it is the biggest retailer of fine wines in the country now? Also, as a warning, do not think that just because it's for sale at CostCo, it is a good deal. Know what you are buying!

[​IMG]

The Mitolo got 95 pts from Wine Spectator, putting it in the "classic" category, or a wine of outstanding character and taste. McLaren Vale is sourcing some in-effing-credible grapes these days. This wine should age well until 2020.