I just bought a... (non clothing item)

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tokyo Slim, May 12, 2006.

1. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Of course not, I posted about it somewhere... just forgot to cross post here.

I got the HD-DVD set... you?

Good, you had me worried there Slim! So you and kronik got the HD-DVDs eh? Pah, no newfangled format thingies for me here. Four-disc Standard DVD set for me [​IMG]

2. eg1

eg1 Senior member

New hot water heater/tank, since the old one failed yesterday evening [​IMG]

3. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

Leica f/2 Apochromatic 90mm Summicron Aspherical lens in black paint finish.

[​IMG]

4. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

New pair of Nikon binoculars for my airplane spotting hobby, sharp as a tack.

JB

5. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

A pair of these:

[​IMG]

I have Pilot Sports on my car. Terrific tire and quality wet driving performance. [​IMG]

6. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Some bits and pieces to make my own docking solution for the Zune in my car... 1. 2005 Scion xA Pioneer-derived stock headunit (LKQOnline, eBay). 2. Gromaudio Aux-In adapter (eBay). 3. First generation Zune A/V kit with dock & IR remote (dirt cheap nowadays, Buy.com). 4. Zune car charger (eBay special edition [​IMG] ). I soldered an extra socket to the inside of my 3-way lighter socket adapter then trailed it inside the centre console and connected to the back of the Zune dock. Took out of the top of the centre console the stock LED clock and wedged the dock in its place. Now, all I have to do is turn the car on stick the Zune in the dock and we're off! Now, you ask, why not just buy a better third-party headunit with auxillary inputs? Well, the Scion headunit has better sound than the factory one that came with the car and looks stock. This way there is no real indication of anything having been changed in the car. Last thing I need is to encourage break-ins. Edit: Total cost must have been around $185 or so which is pretty good considering how integrated everything is. Being a cheapskate that does not like iPods can be difficult sometimes but I think this turned out rather well [​IMG]

7. romafan

romafan Senior member

LCD! [​IMG]

8. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG] Apparently I like these a lot, since I was told a dozen will be soon showing up at my door.
    They arrived today. I now live in a smurf castle.

9. 65535

65535 Senior member

And what a great lens it is.

10. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

11. cam_pearson

cam_pearson Active Member

I just purchased this from a person who was originally selling online, It's a nice example of a circa. 1940's "Bumper" with automatic movement and tear-drop lugs,
    I'm restoring (along with a watch-maker friend) the watch back to it's original glory using factory parts and vintage tools, will post finished product.

Cam -
    [​IMG]

12. redgrail

redgrail Senior member

Leica f/2 Apochromatic 90mm Summicron Aspherical lens in black paint finish.

[​IMG]

I hate you. Send it to me if it needs a new home.

13. Bogie

Bogie Senior member

I just bought a set of 30 dark wood hangers for my closet. They add a lot of class to it and the price wasn't half bad either. So much better than cheap plastic ones.

[​IMG]

14. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

My first computer upgrade since 2005. Kept my floppy, optical drives and power supply. Everything else new (in the case, at least).

My first Lian-Li case, too (PC-A05B). Wow. Just wow. The quality really is superb. And it has an interesting reverse airflow design, which I augmented by adding the side panel that is normally installed on the G05 (iirc) which has two perforated areas near the back. I put there a Lian-Li fan bracket and a 120mm Papst I had lying around. Quite quiet and quite fast!
    Intel E2160, clocked up from 1.8 GHz to a nice 3.0 GHz! Can't beat that CPU for around $80. May try going higher at some point but the case is a little small so I don't want to overdo it...

[​IMG]

15. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Nice case. [​IMG] Is that a brushed aluminum?